[protege-owl] Export OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

[protege-owl] Export OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

michal-12
Hi,

Is there any way I could translate OWL ontology to RDFS ontology.
All I want to do is to translate:
owl:Class -> rdfs:Class
owl:xxxxProperty -> rdfs:Property [with their domains and ranges]

I realize that performing such an operation I might loose all the owl
specific constraints and thus loose meaning which these provide.
However, for the purpose of mine system the constraints and
cardinalities carried by OWL are useless.

Best regards,
Michal

[protege-owl] Re: Export OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

Marc Clin-2
Hi Michal,

I assume you are using XML syntax. If it's the case you could do that using XSLT.
Hope it helps.

Marc

2006/5/28, michal <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Is there any way I could translate OWL ontology to RDFS ontology.
All I want to do is to translate:
owl:Class -> rdfs:Class
owl:xxxxProperty -> rdfs:Property [with their domains and ranges]

I realize that performing such an operation I might loose all the owl
specific constraints and thus loose meaning which these provide.
However, for the purpose of mine system the constraints and
cardinalities carried by OWL are useless.

Best regards,
Michal

Marc Clin
IS Student
4, impasse des Roses
77183 Croissy Beaubourg
FRANCE
0625054435
+0033164110627

[protege-owl] Re: Export OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

Olivier Dameron
On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:36:00 +0200, "Marc Clin" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > Is there any way I could translate OWL ontology to RDFS ontology.
> > All I want to do is to translate:
> > owl:Class -> rdfs:Class
> > owl:xxxxProperty -> rdfs:Property [with their domains and ranges]

I may be off-topic, but since all owl:Classes are rdfs:Classes
(owl:Class is an rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Class) and all owl properties are
rdfs properties, you may not even need to make the translation.

Olivier

[protege-owl] Re: Export OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

Holger Knublauch
The conversion from OWL to RDF Schema (and also in the other direction)
can be done with TopBraid Composer [1].  While this is a commercial
tool, you can use its full features free for 20 days, and probably
that's enough for your project.

Holger

[1] http://www.topbraidcomposer.com