[protege-owl] FW: Call for Papers: Terra Cognita - directions to the geospatial semantic web

[protege-owl] FW: Call for Papers: Terra Cognita - directions to the geospatial semantic web

John Goodwin

Sorry for the cross posts.

Please feel free to contact either

[hidden email]

or

[hidden email]

For more information.

> Dear colleague,
>
> I am pleased to announce the workshop "Terra Cognita -
> directions to the Geospatial Semantic Web" will be held on
> 6th November 2006, in conjunction with the Fifth
> International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC'06) in Athens,
> Georgia, USA.
>
> The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers
> from the semantic web and formal logic communities who are
> searching for real-world case studies to stretch their
> modelling languages and algorithms, with domain experts who
> have perhaps yet to implement semantic applications using
> their spatial understanding.  The intended audience also
> includes those "in the middle" with an interest in formal
> spatial reasoning, exploitation of relational spatial
> databases, and standards for implementation of the
> geospatially enabled Semantic Web.
>
> Topics of interest include:
> * Authoring of geographic and geospatial ontologies
> * Algorithms and software for geospatial reasoning,
> inference, rules processing, and query.
> * Representation and interoperability of geography at
> different levels of semantic abstraction: geometry, topology,
> cartography, and real world object descriptions.
> * Representation, communication, and reasoning with
> spatial relationships
> * Representation and processing of geographically
> ambiguous or unstructured concepts and extents.
> * Semantic mediation between information communities with
> geospatial dependencies.
> * Semantic Web services for geospatial content
> (discovery, binding, invocation, composition, and orchestration)
>
> More information and submission instructions are available at
> http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/terracognita
>
> We welcome submissions from you or members of your research
> group, and look forward to seeing you at Terra Cognita '06.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Cathy Dolbear
> Workshop chair
>

> Dr Cathy Dolbear
> Senior Research Scientist
> Ordnance Survey of Great Britain
> www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/research
> [hidden email]

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU