[protege-owl] [Fwd: ClassCastException: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFSLiteral]

[protege-owl] [Fwd: ClassCastException: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFSLiteral]

Nikolaj Berntsen
I think I may have sent this from a wrong email address, since it has
not yet popped up on the list, so I dare resend.

(Btw the list appears to be spammed by virus, or some participants have
been hit by a virus: I got a popup from my antivirus programme when
clicking on an apparantly removed attachemnt - silly me, first time ever
I think :-( ).

Cheers,
/\/

[protege-owl] Re: [Fwd: ClassCastException: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFSLiteral]

Tania Tudorache
Hi Nikolaj,

unfortunately the export to the "RDF Backend" does not work with
Protege-OWL, but only with Protege frames.
Do you need to export your OWL file to pure RDF(S)? I am not sure that
you can do this from the ProtegeOWL GUI. An idea would be to go through
Protege frames: first, convert or export the OWL file to Protege frames,
then export it to RDF.. but I am not sure that this works smoothly.

Tania

Nikolaj Berntsen wrote:

>I think I may have sent this from a wrong email address, since it has
>not yet popped up on the list, so I dare resend.
>
>(Btw the list appears to be spammed by virus, or some participants have
>been hit by a virus: I got a popup from my antivirus programme when
>clicking on an apparantly removed attachemnt - silly me, first time ever
>I think :-( ).
>
>Cheers,
>/\/

Thanks for the reply Tania!

> unfortunately the export to the "RDF Backend" does not work with
> Protege-OWL, but only with Protege frames.
> Do you need to export your OWL file to pure RDF(S)? I am not sure that
> you can do this from the ProtegeOWL GUI. An idea

I am still on shaky ground, so can not make a load YES or NO here. I am
aiming at exporting data to a platform that presently supports simple
RDF (whatever the precise meaning of that is). That is why I try to
export to RDF. If for nothing else, seing concrete serialisations of my
domain model and instances helps me to get a better grip of the abstract
terms.

> would be to go through Protege frames: first, convert or export the
> OWL file to Protege frames, then export it to RDF.. but I am not sure
> that this works smoothly.

I am not sure what a protege frame is. I have seen the name before
somewhere but I do not se anything in the menus with that explicit text.
Do you mean
    convert project to > protege files
?

Cheers,
/\/

[protege-owl] Re: [Fwd: ClassCastException: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFSLiteral]

Tania Tudorache
If you need only RDF, then why don't you create an RDF ontology? Why
bother creating OWL and then export it?

You can create RDF(S) ontologies using the same OWL/RDF backend. Just
select as the "Profile" in the creation wizard the "Pure RDF Schema".

Tania