[protege-owl] Importing part of the ontology

[protege-owl] Importing part of the ontology

Victor Meirelles
Hi All,

I want to know if I could import only part of an ontology that I have created before. How can I do this in protege owl interface?

Thanks

Victor

Re: [protege-owl] Importing part of the ontology

Leonardo Jacques da Silva
Hello Vitor,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can't import only a part of an Ontology.
Can anyone confirm this???

On 10/19/06, Victor Meirelles <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I want to know if I could import only part of an ontology that I have created before. How can I do this in protege owl interface?

Thanks

Victor

Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] Importing part of the ontology

Thomas Russ

On Oct 19, 2006, at 7:12 AM, Victor Meirelles wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to know if I could import only part of an ontology that I
> have created before. How can I do this in protege owl interface?

You could either import it all, or create your own subset and import
that.
There isn't any mechanism in OWL for only importing part of an
ontology.  How would you specify which part you wanted?

In any case, as long as you use different namespaces, there shouldn't
be any interactions between the parts you want and those you don't.

If you want to create a subset, or possibly merge part of the
ontology into your new one, you can try the Prompt tab.