[protege-owl] Is there a way to load OWL files in Protege

[protege-owl] Is there a way to load OWL files in Protege

Lamia
Hi All ,

I'm new to Protege and i wanted to know if i can load an existing ontology file (OWL ) in Portege, i created a new project and used the from existing file checkbox but that adds my file to the new project as an existing ontology, but i want to be able to open it and edit it and add on to it , is that possible ???

Many thanks

Lamia

[protege-owl] Re: Is there a way to load OWL files in Protege

ruba sh
hi lamia
i'm ruba , i am sorry because i have no answer for you , but i wonder how did you
download protege ?  itried to , but when runing the downloaded file a
problem says : the magic number didn't match , could you tell me how to download ?

thank you very much
ruba .

Get the FREE email that has everyone talking at http://www.mail2world.com
Unlimited Email Storage – POP3 – Calendar – SMS – Translator – Much More!

[protege-owl] Re: Is there a way to load OWL files in Protege

Ronnie Valkky
hi ruba,

the following worked for me to install Protege:
~ went to http://protege.stanford.edu
~ clicked Downloads
~ went directly to http://protege.stanford.edu/download/registered.html because I have already registered myself
~ went to http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease/full/ to download Protege 3.2 beta (build 243)
~ selected without Java VM download because I already have the right Java VM
~ saved downloaded file to J:\Download\Protege\build243 (37.2mb)
~ previous build 241 was installed in F:\sw\Protege3.2beta which I backeup to another drive (see below recovering)
~ clicked downloaded J:\Download\Protege\build243\install_protege
~ selected everything (I wanted all components to be installed)
~ chose F:\sw\Protege3.2beta where I had build 243 installed
~ chose right java 1.5 (not the one it suggested)
~ spent some time recovering what the new build installation destroyed without asking me i.e. business as usual
~ started build 243

in most cases it should work.

cheers,
Ronnie

Unlimited Email Storage – POP3 – Calendar – SMS – Translator – Much More!

[protege-owl] Re: Is there a way to load OWL files in Protege

Lamia
HI ,

i don't know the error you have and i had nothing similar during the installation process. I have the version 3.1 from the site http://protege.stanford.edu/download/registered.html

Hope this helps

Lamia

Unlimited Email Storage – POP3 – Calendar – SMS – Translator – Much More!

[protege-owl] Re: Is there a way to load OWL files in Protege

abduh sufyan
hello I has a problem I has rdf file and wanted I in
protege to offnen as makes I that.
abduh

--- Ronnie Valkky <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> hi ruba,
>
> the following worked for me to install Protege:
> ~ went to http://protege.stanford.edu
> ~ clicked Downloads
> ~ went directly to
> http://protege.stanford.edu/download/registered.html
> because I have already registered myself
> ~ went to

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease/full/

> to download Protege 3.2 beta (build 243)
> ~ selected without Java VM download because I
> already have the right Java VM
> ~ saved downloaded file to
> J:\Download\Protege\build243 (37.2mb)
> ~ previous build 241 was installed in
> F:\sw\Protege3.2beta which I backeup to another
> drive (see below recovering)
> ~ clicked downloaded
> J:\Download\Protege\build243\install_protege
> ~ selected everything (I wanted all components to be
> installed)
> ~ chose F:\sw\Protege3.2beta where I had build 243
> installed
> ~ chose right java 1.5 (not the one it suggested)
> ~ spent some time recovering what the new build
> installation destroyed without asking me i.e.
> business as usual
> ~ started build 243

> state/hang up depending on things such as OWL model,
> in most cases it should work.
>
> cheers,
> Ronnie

Rinke Hoekstra-3
How to open OWL files is described on the protege OWL website (e.g.
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl) (see the FAQ) and also in the
OWL tutorial (http://www.co-ode.org)

-Rinke

--