[protege-owl] Java to OWL

Shepherd, Michael
Hi,

Is there a tool or library that can convert Java classes and members to OWL classes and properties?

Thanks,
Mike

[protege-owl] Re: Java to OWL

Holger Knublauch
> Is there a tool or library that can convert Java classes and members to
> OWL classes and properties?

You could try to first convert the Java classes to UML with some reverse
engineering tool, and then convert the UML to OWL.

Holger

[protege-owl] Re: Java to OWL

Syed Sajjad Hussain
https://sommer.dev.java.net/

Sajjad

On 5/25/06, Shepherd, Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a tool or library that can convert Java classes and members to OWL classes and properties?

Thanks,
Mike

[protege-owl] Re: Java to OWL

Shepherd, Michael

Thanks Holger.  Reverse engineering into UML was easy.  Is there a preferred tool for converting UML (XMI) to OWL?  Or do you refer to using the XMI backend with Protégé 2.1?

Thanks,
Mike

[protege-owl] Re: Java to OWL

Holger Knublauch
This depends on the UML dialect you have.  UML versions are very
different, even if they are called UML 2.0 in XMI.  The UML backend for
Protege was developed ages ago for the frame-based backend, but it may
still be worth a try, since you can also somehow convert from frames to
OWL.  I certainly do have another recommendation for a tool with better
UML to OWL support, you but I'll notify you off-line so that I don't get
the reputation of abusing this list.  Perhaps in the meantime you could
clarify which UML/XMI version you have now.

Holger

Shepherd, Michael wrote:

> Thanks Holger.  Reverse engineering into UML was easy.  Is there a preferred tool for converting UML (XMI) to OWL?  Or do you refer to using the XMI backend with Protégé 2.1?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

[protege-owl] Re: Java to OWL

Ulrike Sattler
I have seen yesterday the latest version of Icom (see http://
www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/icom/ for an old one) from Enrico
Franconi, and learned that the new UML version should be available
within the next 10 days. Cheers, Uli