[protege-owl] OWL debugger: does not report error

[protege-owl] OWL debugger: does not report error

Hugo Ferreira
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone is still working on the debugger. I have
an ontology that causes Pellet to report an error. Unfortunately the
debugger does not show an error and therefore does not describe what is
wrong with the schema (I can see their is an error due to pellet's
output to the console).

The error originates from an instance. Don't now if this is the reason
why the debugger doesn't complain.

TIA,
Hugo Ferreira.

[protege-owl] Re: OWL debugger: does not report error

Hai Wang
Hi Hugo,
The current version of OWL debugger  mainly designed for the class
level inconsistency. This is because that we want to make the
debugger independent from any particular OWL reasoner.s Therefore, we
adopted the black-box approach. At the time when the debugger is
build (even until now) the instance level reasoning is limited for
most of reasoners.
The debugger will be revisited soon.

Regards
Hai

On 27 Jun 2006, at 13:45, Hugo Ferreira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if anyone is still working on the debugger. I
> have
> an ontology that causes Pellet to report an error. Unfortunately the
> debugger does not show an error and therefore does not describe
> what is
> wrong with the schema (I can see their is an error due to pellet's
> output to the console).
>
> The error originates from an instance. Don't now if this is the reason
> why the debugger doesn't complain.
>
> TIA,
> Hugo Ferreira.

[protege-owl] Re: OWL debugger: does not report error

Hugo Ferreira
Hello Hai,

Hai Wang wrote:
> Hi Hugo,
> The current version of OWL debugger  mainly designed for the class level
> inconsistency. This is because that we want to make the debugger
> independent from any particular OWL reasoner.s

Makes sense.

> Therefore, we adopted the
> black-box approach. At the time when the debugger is build (even until
> now) the instance level reasoning is limited for most of reasoners.
> The debugger will be revisited soon.

Pity. Debugging schema is near impossible without adequate tools.

Just out of curiosity: will the next version of DIG
(http://homepages.cs.manchester.ac.uk/~seanb/dig/roadmap.html)
allow for debugging inconsistencies at the instance level?

Thanks,
Hugo Ferreira.

> Regards
> Hai
>
> On 27 Jun 2006, at 13:45, Hugo Ferreira wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know if anyone is still working on the debugger. I have
>> an ontology that causes Pellet to report an error. Unfortunately the
>> debugger does not show an error and therefore does not describe what is
>> wrong with the schema (I can see their is an error due to pellet's
>> output to the console).
>>
>> The error originates from an instance. Don't now if this is the reason
>> why the debugger doesn't complain.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Hugo Ferreira.

[protege-owl] Re: OWL debugger: does not report error

Hai Wang
Hello Hugo,
As far as I know, there will not be any debugging support from DIG
2.0 directly. DIG 2.0 allows us to define some extension points and
users can extend the interface for their usages.

Regards
Hai