[protege-owl] OWL visualization datatype properties

[protege-owl] OWL visualization datatype properties

Laurent Prevot
Dear All,

I am looking for a tool for visualizing owl models. So far I have been
using Jambalaya (in particular with Domain-Range Quickview) and OWL
Viz... but I need now to visualize datatypeProperties... Basically what
we are trying to output is something that looks like an UML diagram...
with datatype properties as text in the boxes and object properties as
ObjectProperties as edges...

I guess it is somehow doable with Jambalaya... but i don't have much
time to dig into it....

Does anyone has suggestions, or created a quickview for that kind of
things?

Thanks a lot for help,

Laurent.

--
Laurent Prevot.
Post-Doc Research Fellow.

Re: [protege-owl] OWL visualization datatype properties

Mala Mehrotra
I am forwarding your email to Pat Hayes and his group at IHMC where
they have developed the COE authoring environment based on Concept
Maps. They should be able to respond to your query better as I don't
know exactly what the distribution status is on COE. However, it is
my understanding that COE can visualize most datatype properties in OWL.

Mala

At 02:53 AM 12/13/2006, Laurent Prevot wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I am looking for a tool for visualizing owl models. So far I have been
>using Jambalaya (in particular with Domain-Range Quickview) and OWL
>Viz... but I need now to visualize datatypeProperties... Basically what
>we are trying to output is something that looks like an UML diagram...
>with datatype properties as text in the boxes and object properties as
>ObjectProperties as edges...
>
>I guess it is somehow doable with Jambalaya... but i don't have much
>time to dig into it....
>
>Does anyone has suggestions, or created a quickview for that kind of
>things?
>
>Thanks a lot for help,
>
>Laurent.
>
>--
>Laurent Prevot.
>Post-Doc Research Fellow.
>Institute of Linguistics, Academia Sinica
>Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan 115

Mala Mehrotra
Pragati Synergetic Research Inc.  MS 19-46Q, NASA Research Park,
Moffett Field, CA 94035
Voice:
(650)-625-0274(Office)
(408)-861-0939 (Home Office)
(408)-910-4115 (Cell)
Fax: (408)-516-9599
Email: [hidden email]

Re: [protege-owl] OWL visualization datatype properties

Mark Feblowitz
That's what OntoViz does.

To see the datatype properties, add the class(es) and/or
individual(s) you want visualized. Check the "slt" box for any you
want datatype properties visualized. Play around with the "sle",
"isx" and "slx" boxes to see the object property edges.

The downside is that the "slt" option shows both the datatype and
object properties in the text. It would be nice to have finer control
over that.

Mark