[protege-owl] OWLClassesTab, OWLPropertiesTab and OWLIndividualsTab

[protege-owl] OWLClassesTab, OWLPropertiesTab and OWLIndividualsTab

David Corsar
Hi all

I am developing a tab plug-in in which I want to have a blank version of
the OWLClassesTab, OWLPropertiesTab and OWLIndividualsTab.  I have tried
with the following code for OWLClassesTab:

OWLClassesTab tab = new OWLClassesTab();
tab.initialize();

but this throws a null pointer exception.  I have also tried
OWLClassesTab tab = new OWLClassesTab();
OWLClassesTab tab2 = OWLClassesTab.getOWLClassesTab(tab);

which does not throw a null pointer exception but this displays nothing
on the screen when Protege loads.

I have done similar to the first example for OWLPropertiesTab, but again
get null pointer exceptions. Any advice how I should go about doing this
as I have searched the API and tried a couple of things but no success.

Thanks

David Corsar

[protege-owl] Re: OWLClassesTab, OWLPropertiesTab and OWLIndividualsTab

Papapanagiwtou Petros
What exactly are you trying to do?
OWLClassesTab is the class that implements the whole Tab that you see
when you first open Protege OWL. It is implemented as a whole plugin itself.

I'm suspecting you only want the panel in the left that shows the
Classes Tree. If that is the case you should try extending the
SubsumptionTreePanel class
(edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.subsumption.SubsumptionTreePanel).

If you want to replicate the whole tab then I'm not sure how that is
possible.

Papapanagiotou Petros

David Corsar wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am developing a tab plug-in in which I want to have a blank version
> of the OWLClassesTab, OWLPropertiesTab and OWLIndividualsTab.  I have
> tried with the following code for OWLClassesTab:
>
> OWLClassesTab tab = new OWLClassesTab();
> tab.initialize();
>
> but this throws a null pointer exception.  I have also tried
> OWLClassesTab tab = new OWLClassesTab();
> OWLClassesTab tab2 = OWLClassesTab.getOWLClassesTab(tab);
>
> which does not throw a null pointer exception but this displays
> nothing on the screen when Protege loads.
>
> I have done similar to the first example for OWLPropertiesTab, but
> again get null pointer exceptions. Any advice how I should go about
> doing this as I have searched the API and tried a couple of things but
> no success.
>
> Thanks
>
> David Corsar

[protege-owl] Importing Ontologies in protege 3.2 beta

vsingh
Hi everyone....

Please advice how to import ontologies with protege 3.2 beta.Any
information on "how to" or a tutorial would be appreciated.ASAP!

thanks
Vaishali
University of Alberta
Canada