[protege-owl] Ontology server performance

[protege-owl] Ontology server performance

Luis Rodrigo Aguado
    Hello,

    I have an OWL project with a MySql database backend which I want to use in a multi-user environment. I have managed to configure the server right, and I can connect from the clients.

    However, I have a performance problem. When I try to open the project remotely, it takes from 40 seconds to some minutes, depending on the network to open in the client. I have compared with an empty project, and it takes about five seconds to open. My project has
only now some classes and properties (80 classes and 250 properties), however, I would expect it to grow quite considerably, making the environment completely unusable.

    Are there any performance tips or tricks to configure the server to speed this up?

    Thanks in advance!

    Luis.

--
Documento sin título

Luis Rodrigo Aguado

Innovation and R&D

Researcher

lrodrigo(at)isoco.com

#T  +34913349777

C/Pedro de Valdivia, 10

28006, Madrid, Spain

iSOCO

            intelligent software for the networked economy

            www.isoco.com

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL and protected by professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If this message has been received in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail and delete it.