[protege-owl] Pellet 1.3 and Protege: a difficult wedding?

[protege-owl] Pellet 1.3 and Protege: a difficult wedding?

Alessandro Oltramari
Hi,

when I try to classify my ontology using the latest build of Pellet 1.3 (April 2006), the reasoner seems to stop, and Protege gives me this message:

"DIG Reasoner Error: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8081"

On the terminal  I read:

Port: 8081
WARN [HttpConnection] - POST / HTTP/1.1
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

Once I saw a thread when a user had the same problem, due (it seems) to bugs on a previous version of Pellet (1.3 beta, November). But now it does not seem a problem of versioning...

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks,

Ale

--

Alessandro Oltramari

Research Fellow

Laboratory for Applied Ontology (LOA)

Institute for Cognitive Sciences and Technologies

National Research Council

(ISTC-CNR)

via Solteri, 38

I-38100 Trento (TN),Italy

http://www.loa-cnr.it

[protege-owl] Re: Pellet 1.3 and Protege: a difficult wedding?

Laurent Prevot
Ciao Ale,

 For me it worked fine with 1.3-beta2 but I just kind of played with it
without really testing it thoroughly...

Laurent.

--
Laurent Prevot.
Post-Doc Research Fellow.

[protege-owl] Re: Pellet 1.3 and Protege: a difficult wedding?

clynch

Ale,

It looks like you need to increase the memory avalible to java.

In the root Protégé directory, edit the Protégé.lax file to increase the memory available. Below are the settings on a 2gb RAM machine. Adjust as needed according to your memory. Java can use only 1.57 gb or so, so above that does not help (and I believe will error out).

#   LAX.NL.JAVA.OPTION.JAVA.HEAP.SIZE.INITIAL

#   -----------------------------------------

#   initial heap size

lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.initial=148000000

#   LAX.NL.JAVA.OPTION.JAVA.HEAP.SIZE.MAX

#   -------------------------------------

#   maximum heap size

lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max=1480000000

Cecil Lynch

[protege-owl] Re: Pellet 1.3 and Protege: a difficult wedding?

Massimo Coletti
Alessandro Oltramari ha scritto:

> Port: 8081
> WARN [HttpConnection] - POST / HTTP/1.1
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
The problem is memory configuration, not in Protégé, but in Pellet. You
should add the -Xmx optioon to the command line, setting enough memory
to manage your TBox/ABox. Try 128M as a starting point, than increas it
until the error disappear. Be careful not to exceed roughly 80% of the
available memory, in order to avoid performance-killing paging activity.

Massimo

unauthorized and may be illegal.

[protege-owl] Re: Pellet 1.3 and Protege: a difficult wedding?

Alessandro Oltramari
Thanks Laurent....but it seems a problem of memory of the Linux machine :(

Bye
On 21/giu/06, at 6:42, Laurent Prevot wrote:

[...]

Ph.D. student  at the University of Trento

Faculty of Cognitive Science

via Matteo del Ben, 5

I-38068 Rovereto (TN), Italy

http://www.cogsci.unitn.it/

e-mail: [hidden email]

homepage: http://www.loa-cnr.it/oltramari.html

skype: oltramale

phone: +39  0461 830198 (Trento)

phone: +39 0464 483616 (Rovereto)

mobile: +39 338 9560585

fax:   +39 0461 435344

[protege-owl] Proxy

sima soltani
I connected to the internet via proxy. in protege I can't see the ontologies to import them. how could I set the proxy in protege?

best regards
sima

Do you Yahoo!?