[protege-owl] Problem with converting project

[protege-owl] Problem with converting project

Mina Nikolova
Hi,

I use Protege 3.1_beta, and I've tried to convert a
project in core Protege format to RDF Files, but I get
a ClassCastException. So, I converted the project
first to OWL and then I' ve tried to convert the OWL
project to RDF Fies, but it didn't work again.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you
Mina

[protege-owl] One or multiple ontologies ?

Christian Fauré-2
Hi all,

I'm facing a Cornelian choice (or dilemma) : I'm starting to
modelling the knowledge of a R&D organization in OWL. We want to
start focusing on two sub-domains of the organization's knowledge.
So here is the problem : is it better to build 2 two different
ontologies (one for each  sub-domain and so on for each sub-domain
that will be added later), or to start one big one from the beginning.

It seems to be a choice between top--down (one big ontology that will
evolve and grow) and bottom up (many ontologies will be done and
aggregated).

Do you have any idea about the key points to consider in this
situation, and what each solution implies in term of  :
- modelling effort
- Protégé capabilities
- Ontology  storage
- Acces to the ontology