[protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

[protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

Charles-Alexandre Rey
Hello,
Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I need to compute queries.

Charles

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

Leonardo Jacques da Silva
Hi,

What do you mean with "compute query", I didn't understand.

Thanks!

On 12/8/06, Charles-Alexandre Rey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I need to compute queries.

Charles

Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

Holger Kampffmeyer
Hello,

what about nRQL?

Queries have the form

(retrieve (?x ) (and
(?x |A|) (?x ?y |someProperty||) ...   ))

You can use the RQL Tab in Protege, or the RacerServer API programmatically.

Holger

Leonardo Jacques schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> What do you mean with "compute query", I didn't understand.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 12/8/06, *Charles-Alexandre Rey* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a
>     resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I
>     need to compute queries.
>
>     Charles

> Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

Charles-Alexandre Rey
Thank you very much, I' m going to use it.

Charles

Leonardo Jacques schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> What do you mean with "compute query", I didn't understand.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 12/8/06, *Charles-Alexandre Rey* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a
>     resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I
>     need to compute queries.
>
>     Charles

> Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

Charles-Alexandre Rey
I want to have an agent ask a query an ontology agent. The user should enter the query with a certain form, but agent should use conjunctive.
SI want to use conjunctive because of the possibility offered.

Charles

2006/12/8, Leonardo Jacques <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

What do you mean with "compute query", I didn't understand.

Thanks!

On 12/8/06, Charles-Alexandre Rey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I need to compute queries.

Charles

Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

atila kaya
Hi Charles,

  you can also use RacerManager, that supports the OWL query language
(OWL-QL) with some limitations.
OWL-QL has a XML based syntax and allows conjunctive queries (and
also iterative query answering).

RacerManager can act as an OWL-QL Server by managing a set of racers
in the background and
dispatching queries to them. It translates OWL-QL queries to nRQL.

It is provided as a web application deployable e.g. in Tomcat and
offers a web service (interface)
that can be used to send OWL-QL queries. You can find more
information and the software at:

        http://racerproject.sourceforge.net

PS: RacerManager is not a protege plugin and can only manage racers.

Atila

On Dec 8, 2006, at 2:43 PM, Charles-Alexandre Rey wrote:

> I want to have an agent ask a query an ontology agent. The user
> should enter the query with a certain form, but agent should use
> conjunctive.
> SI want to use conjunctive because of the possibility offered.
>
> Charles
>
> 2006/12/8, Leonardo Jacques <[hidden email]>: Hi,
>
> What do you mean with "compute query", I didn't understand.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 12/8/06, Charles-Alexandre Rey < [hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a
> resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I
> need to compute queries.
>
> Charles

> faq.html#01a.03
>

> --
> Leonardo Jacques
> faq.html#01a.03

> faq.html#01a.03

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

Charles-Alexandre Rey

OWL QL seems to be very interesting but I did not manage to install it correctly.
I deployed it into tomcats, and make the right configuration in racermanager.xml ( the path are ok). I checked that everything is started in the tomcat.
But when I use the example application OWLQLWebAPP it returns that the query is succeful but the frame is empty.
Sorrey to ask such a basic question

Charles

<configuration>
<racerServerExecutable>C:\Program Files\RacerPro-1-9-0\RacerPro.exe</racerServerExecutable>
<serverdirectives>
 <directive>(set-nrql-mode 1)</directive>
 <directive>(enable-optimized-query-processing)</directive>
 <directive>(set-unique-name-assumption t)</directive>
</serverdirectives>
<cacheExpires>false</cacheExpires>
<expireAfter>10</expireAfter>
<racerservers>
 <racerserver>
   <host>localhost</host>
   <protocol>tcp</protocol>
   <port>9081</port>
   <defaultKBs>
       <defaultKB>
        <type>owl</type>
           <namespace>http://www.owl-ontologies.com/unnamed.owl#</namespace>
           <uri>file:/c:/Myproject/DefinitionDossier6CRY.owl</uri>
       </defaultKB>
   </defaultKBs>
 </racerserver>
 </racerservers>
</configuration>
2006/12/8, atila kaya <[hidden email]>:
Hi Charles,

  you can also use RacerManager, that supports the OWL query language
(OWL-QL) with some limitations.
OWL-QL has a XML based syntax and allows conjunctive queries (and
also iterative query answering).

RacerManager can act as an OWL-QL Server by managing a set of racers
in the background and
dispatching queries to them. It translates OWL-QL queries to nRQL.

It is provided as a web application deployable e.g. in Tomcat and
offers a web service (interface)
that can be used to send OWL-QL queries. You can find more
information and the software at:

PS: RacerManager is not a protege plugin and can only manage racers.

Atila

On Dec 8, 2006, at 2:43 PM, Charles-Alexandre Rey wrote:

> I want to have an agent ask a query an ontology agent. The user
> should enter the query with a certain form, but agent should use
> conjunctive.
> SI want to use conjunctive because of the possibility offered.
>
> Charles
>
> 2006/12/8, Leonardo Jacques <[hidden email]>: Hi,
>
> What do you mean with "compute query", I didn't understand.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 12/8/06, Charles-Alexandre Rey < [hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to ask queries under conjunctive form to a
> resasoner? I do not want to ask under SPARQL language because I
> need to compute queries.
>
> Charles

> faq.html#01a.03
>

> --
> Leonardo Jacques
> faq.html#01a.03

> faq.html#01a.03

Re: [protege-owl] [Protege-owl] Conjunctive Form

atila kaya
Dear Charles,

  please check if the URL you use in the query (KB reference) really
contains an ontology. Unluckily, some of the
ontologies referenced by the sample queries of OWLQLWebApp are moved
to a different location. The same holds
for the URLs you use in a defaultKB tag in the configuration file.

If a KB cannot be found in the given URL the system returns no
warning message to indicate this.

Atila