[protege-owl] Quenstion.

Αθανάσιος Γουσιόπουλος

Dear List,

            I am an MSc student who has just started using Protégé 3.2. I’ve implement an OWL – DL ontology successfully about games, and it has been checked for consistency using Pellet reasoner. Everything works just fine up to now. The next part of my project is to check whether the instances placed in the ontology can be combined and produce a new set of instances. Let me clarify the above using an example. Let’s say I have 2 instances a) football and b) volleyball. The aim is to check whether these two instances can be combined and produce a new game called foot-volleyball, which is a mixture of the first two. This combination will take place with all possible games, at two every time.

            Can something like this be checked using SPARQL queries on instances, or do I have to look somewhere else? Unfortunately I have not found any queries on instances that it is checking whether a combination on instances is possible. Do you happen to know any queries that I am looking for or any website that I can have a closer look?  A clarification should be made, that my ontology is running on my hard drive and not as URI.

            Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Looking forward your answer.

Regards,

Thanasis.