[protege-owl] Question about OWL and OWL 1.1

[protege-owl] Question about OWL and OWL 1.1

Juan Sequeda
Hi all

Is there a document where I can find all the characteristcs of OWL 1.1 and the differences with the actual OWL?

Where can I find examples of things that can not be represented in OWL (if any).. or problems that appear and possible solutions.

Thanks!!

--
Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
Systems and Computer Engineering Student

"No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

[protege-owl] Re: Question about OWL and OWL 1.1

Ulrike Sattler
Hi Juan,

for OWL 1.1., please have a look at

http://owl1_1.cs.manchester.ac.uk/

if you want to read about the Description Logics underlying OWL 1.1.,
have a look at our SROIQ paper

I. Horrocks, O. Kutz, and U. Sattler.The Even More Irresistible SROIQ
In Proc. of the 10th International Conference of Knowledge
Representation and Reasoning (KR-2006, Lake District UK), 2006 (to
appear).

Cheers, Uli

On 31 May 2006, at 14:18, Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is there a document where I can find all the characteristcs of OWL
> 1.1 and the differences with the actual OWL?
>
> Where can I find examples of things that can not be represented in
> OWL (if any).. or problems that appear and possible solutions.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> --
> Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
> Systems and Computer Engineering Student
> Universidad del Valle
> Cel: +57 310 390 1211
> Cali, Colombia
> Web: http://libertad.univalle.edu.co/~jsequeda
> ICQ: 323562510
> AIM: jfsequeda
> MSN: [hidden email]
> GTalk: [hidden email]
> www.superbacano.com
>
> "No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

[protege-owl] Re: Question about OWL and OWL 1.1

Juan Sequeda
Hi.

Is it me, or is the link not working?

Another question. Can OWL represent everything?  Maybe this is an ambiguous question.

thanks again

On 5/31/06, Ulrike Sattler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Juan,

for OWL 1.1., please have a look at

http://owl1_1.cs.manchester.ac.uk/

if you want to read about the Description Logics underlying OWL 1.1.,
have a look at our SROIQ paper

I. Horrocks, O. Kutz, and U. Sattler.The Even More Irresistible SROIQ
In Proc. of the 10th International Conference of Knowledge
Representation and Reasoning (KR-2006, Lake District UK), 2006 (to
appear).

Cheers, Uli

On 31 May 2006, at 14:18, Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is there a document where I can find all the characteristcs of OWL
> 1.1 and the differences with the actual OWL?
>
> Where can I find examples of things that can not be represented in
> OWL (if any).. or problems that appear and possible solutions.
>
> Thanks!!
>

> --
> Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
> Systems and Computer Engineering Student
> Universidad del Valle
> Cel: +57 310 390 1211
> Cali, Colombia
> Web: http://libertad.univalle.edu.co/~jsequeda
> ICQ: 323562510
> AIM: jfsequeda
> MSN: [hidden email]
> GTalk: [hidden email]
> www.superbacano.com
>
> "No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
Systems and Computer Engineering Student
Universidad del Valle
Cel: +57 310 390 1211
Cali, Colombia
Web: http://libertad.univalle.edu.co/~jsequeda
ICQ: 323562510
AIM: jfsequeda
MSN: [hidden email]
GTalk: [hidden email]
www.superbacano.com

"No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

[protege-owl] Re: Question about OWL and OWL 1.1

Steve Wartik
Juan,

The link works for me.

As for whether OWL can represent everything: A more precise way to
phrase your question is to ask whether a model expressed in any other
language can be translated to OWL without loss of semantics. The answer
to that question is no. For example, you cannot translate an arbitrary
first order logic statement into OWL.

Steve Wartik