[protege-owl] REUSE of Ontologies in Protege -Versioning of Ontologies

[protege-owl] REUSE of Ontologies in Protege -Versioning of Ontologies

Ian Chappel
Dear all,

(1).It says in technical paper that "We can reuse ontologies in Protege",but anywhere it didnt mentioned that HOW we can do that???
I am very curious to know that.

(2).It says in technical paper that "Protege supports diffrent versioning of ontologies", but anywhere it didnt mentioned that HOW we can do that???
I am very curious to know that also.

Thank you very much for your clarification and guidance.

Regards,
Ian

[protege-owl] Re: REUSE of Ontologies in Protege -Versioning of Ontologies

Jennifer Vendetti-2
Ian,

Ian Chappel wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> (1).It says in technical paper that "We can reuse ontologies in
> Protege",but anywhere it didnt mentioned that HOW we can do that???
> I am very curious to know that.

In Protege-Frames, you can use the project inclusion mechanism,
documented with older screenshots here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/including_a_project.html.
In Protege-OWL, you can use owl:imports, documented here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/owl/owl-imports.html.

> (2).It says in technical paper that "Protege supports diffrent
> versioning of ontologies", but anywhere it didnt mentioned that HOW we
> can do that???
> I am very curious to know that also.

You can use the "Change Management" plug-in to track and annotate
changes to your ontology.  This plug-in is documented on our Wiki:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChangeManagement.

Jennifer