[protege-owl] Re: OWL/DL and Adv Ontology Engineering - Very Hands on Training Courses

[protege-owl] Re: OWL/DL and Adv Ontology Engineering - Very Hands on Training Courses

Dave Roberts-6
I'm presently enrolled in the first running of the Semantic Arts
courses, and can give a hearty recommendation.

I'm a database guy by background and experience, so came at this
with a data modeller's view.  I have a bunch to learn and unlearn,
but the deep knowledge of the instructors is allowing this to take
place.

I'm here to assess whether this technology has a role for my organization,
and if it does, what that role is.  That purpose is being met--I'm
getting a good sense of how and where to employ the technology--particularly
how it's different from database technology and the added capabilities
that it gives you.

I'm not connected with Semantic Arts--this is an arms-length recommendation.

Dave Roberts

Monday, 6 February 2006, you wrote:

>We have partnered with Cerebra to
>build next generation courses for Semantic Web applications in the
enterprise.
>The courses are designed to get a practitioner up to speed very
quickly with
>the fewest residual misconceptions. What we’ve noticed is that
>experienced developers, analysts or modelers come to their tasks
with a large
>number of pre-conceptions that are fairly hard to “unlearn.” Rather
>than skirt around this issue, the courses bluntly and repeatedly
address each
>of the major areas of misconception in this discipline, through
example,
>definition, exercise and many unique graphic reinforcements. You
will not come
>away with lingering uncertainty about how this technology really
works.

>We’re conducting the inaugural
>courses Feb 27-Mar1 and Mar 2-3 in San
>  Diego. We have a very strict space limit of 15 for
>this first course, but there are still some seats available. Reserve
a space at

>www.cerebra.com/university
>click on either the Feb 27th or Mar 2nd link.
>
>Hope to see you there.
>

>Dave McComb, President, Semantic Arts, Inc. www.semanticarts.com
>
>(970) 490-2224

[protege-owl] accessing protege projects on remote servers

Knarig Arabshian
Is there a way to manipulate protege projects via the web? I need to contact another server that has a project and create an instance within that server's project. Is there a way i can do this via the web? What is the most efficient way to handle this?

Thanks,
Knarig

Re: accessing protege projects on remote servers

Nick Drummond
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WebProtege

Manipulate? Not really - at least not in OWL.

You could create a database project so that both projects refer to the
same remote database.

Nick

--

Nick Drummond