[protege-owl] Re: Protege 3.2 Beta (OWL) and Ontoclean

[protege-owl] Re: Protege 3.2 Beta (OWL) and Ontoclean

Doug Holmes
Hello Paul,
        I have been able to use the Onto Clean ontology to evaluate a number
of owl ontologies in Protégé [3.2 beta, Mac OSx], so I'm pretty sure
that it "can" work.  Why don't you try loading the ontoclean.owl
ontology and then importing the ontology you want to evaluate?
Possibly that will solve the problem.  Then the fun will really
begin....
Doug
On Aug 2, 2006, at 8:00 AM, Björn Rieken wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently writing my diploma thesis, which contains the
> development of an ontology. To analyse it, I want to use the
> ontoclean method. According to the guide at http://
> protege.stanford.edu/ontologies/ontoClean/ontoCleanOntology.html, I
> imported the ontology http://protege.stanford.edu/ontologies/
> ontoClean/ontoclean.owl, changed the metaclasses to
> "ontoclean:OntoClean_property" and set the values of the meta-
> properties. But when I try to evalute the ontology with the PAL-
> Contraints-Tab, it shows me this error:
> "Validation Errors:
> Predicate named carrying_identity is referenced but not defined.
>
> Predicate named carrying_identity is referenced but not defined."
>
> "Validation Errors:
> Predicate named dependency is referenced but not defined.
>
> Predicate named dependency is referenced but not defined."
> etc.
>
> Any idea to correct this problem? I've searched through the mailing
> list without finding any help, so any hint would be most helpful.
>

> Paul

[protege-owl] Re: Protege 3.2 Beta (OWL) and Ontoclean

Scott L Holmes
Doug,

I checked out Ontoclean a while back and it really is an exciting set of ideas. If you get some time, could you post any links you found useful for Ontoclean. I'd like to get back into it a bit.

Thanks!

Scott

On 8/2/06, Doug Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Paul,
       I have been able to use the Onto Clean ontology to evaluate a number
of owl ontologies in Protégé [ 3.2 beta, Mac OSx], so I'm pretty sure
that it "can" work.  Why don't you try loading the ontoclean.owl
ontology and then importing the ontology you want to evaluate?
Possibly that will solve the problem.  Then the fun will really
begin....
Doug
On Aug 2, 2006, at 8:00 AM, Björn Rieken wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently writing my diploma thesis, which contains the
> development of an ontology. To analyse it, I want to use the
> ontoclean method. According to the guide at http://
> protege.stanford.edu/ontologies/ontoClean/ontoCleanOntology.html, I
> imported the ontology http://protege.stanford.edu/ontologies/
> ontoClean/ontoclean.owl, changed the metaclasses to
> "ontoclean:OntoClean_property" and set the values of the meta-
> properties. But when I try to evalute the ontology with the PAL-
> Contraints-Tab, it shows me this error:
> "Validation Errors:
> Predicate named carrying_identity is referenced but not defined.
>
> Predicate named carrying_identity is referenced but not defined."
>
> "Validation Errors:
> Predicate named dependency is referenced but not defined.
>
> Predicate named dependency is referenced but not defined."
> etc.
>
> Any idea to correct this problem? I've searched through the mailing
> list without finding any help, so any hint would be most helpful.
>

> Paul

[protege-owl] Re: Protege 3.2 Beta (OWL) and Ontoclean

Doug Holmes
Scott,
Here's a start:
http://www.ontoclean.org/