[protege-owl] Re: exchanging forms (outside of protege)?

[protege-owl] Re: exchanging forms (outside of protege)?

James Taylor-12
Tania:

Its good to know that the Protege forms can be used from other Java applications. I am finding it very useful.
However, for some of my classes I am using the graph widget in the forms and while I try to use these forms from my Java application, I am not able display the graphs. Rest of the instance details are displayed fine, but it doesn't display the slot for which I am using the graph widget. I get the following warning messages:

WARNING: Unable to load class: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphPoint -- PropertyMapUtil.getJavaClassObject()
.
.
WARNING: Unable to load class: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphPoint -- PropertyMapUtil.getJavaClassObject()
WARNING: missing bundle: protege_text -- BundleHelper.<init>()
WARNING: Invalid widget class name: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphWidget -- DefaultWidgetMapper.isSuitable ()

I am not able to figure out how I can get it working. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Jim

On 7/3/06, Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Yes, you can use Protege forms in your own Java application. This is
> described here:

> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/using_forms_in_other_applications.html
>
> There is also a web-based browser for Protege ontologies,
> ProtegeWebBrowser, that uses Protege-like forms, but I don't know any
> implementation details:
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegeWebBrowser
> The ProtegeWebBrowser is distributed with Protege in the "applications"
> directory.
>
> Another approach that I have heard of, was converting the Swing
> components to Wings components ( http://www.j-wings.org), that are the
> Swing correspondent for the Web.
>
> Tania
>
> Dan Brickley wrote:
>

> > Hi folks
> >

> > Has anyone here looked at the exchange of UI forms created in Protege,
> > but then used elsewhere (eg. other editors, HTML or XForm-based UIs,
> > etc). Are there any plans to explore this side of interoperability?
> >
> > RDF/OWL works nicely for the instance data and its ontologies, but we
> > still find ourselves re-building UIs over and again in different
> > environments. For example I'm working with a Protege-authored ontology
> > in a project where Web-based instance editing and query are
> > requirements. I'd like if possible to re-use the work on form layout
> > and UI that we've done within Protege. Is that an idea that others
> > have explored with any success?
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers and ideas,
> >
> > Dan

[protege-owl] Re: exchanging forms (outside of protege)?

Jennifer Vendetti-2
Jim,

The code for the graph widget is in the standard extensions library (standard-extensions.jar), not in the Protege JAR file.  I would suggest putting standard-extensions.jar on your classpath.

Jennifer

James Taylor wrote:
Tania:

Its good to know that the Protege forms can be used from other Java applications. I am finding it very useful.
However, for some of my classes I am using the graph widget in the forms and while I try to use these forms from my Java application, I am not able display the graphs. Rest of the instance details are displayed fine, but it doesn't display the slot for which I am using the graph widget. I get the following warning messages:

WARNING: Unable to load class: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphPoint -- PropertyMapUtil.getJavaClassObject()
.
.
WARNING: Unable to load class: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphPoint -- PropertyMapUtil.getJavaClassObject()
WARNING: missing bundle: protege_text -- BundleHelper.<init>()
WARNING: Invalid widget class name: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphWidget -- DefaultWidgetMapper.isSuitable ()

I am not able to figure out how I can get it working. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Jim

On 7/3/06, Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Yes, you can use Protege forms in your own Java application. This is
> described here:
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/using_forms_in_other_applications.html
>
> There is also a web-based browser for Protege ontologies,
> ProtegeWebBrowser, that uses Protege-like forms, but I don't know any
> implementation details:
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegeWebBrowser
> The ProtegeWebBrowser is distributed with Protege in the "applications"
> directory.
>
> Another approach that I have heard of, was converting the Swing
> components to Wings components ( http://www.j-wings.org), that are the
> Swing correspondent for the Web.
>
> Tania
>
> Dan Brickley wrote:
>

> > Hi folks
> >
> > Has anyone here looked at the exchange of UI forms created in Protege,
> > but then used elsewhere (eg. other editors, HTML or XForm-based UIs,
> > etc). Are there any plans to explore this side of interoperability?
> >
> > RDF/OWL works nicely for the instance data and its ontologies, but we
> > still find ourselves re-building UIs over and again in different
> > environments. For example I'm working with a Protege-authored ontology
> > in a project where Web-based instance editing and query are
> > requirements. I'd like if possible to re-use the work on form layout
> > and UI that we've done within Protege. Is that an idea that others
> > have explored with any success?
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers and ideas,
> >
> > Dan

[protege-owl] Re: exchanging forms (outside of protege)?

James Taylor-12
Thanks Tania.

Jim

------------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe go to <a title="http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html" target="_blank"> http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html

[protege-owl] Re: exchanging forms (outside of protege)?

James Taylor-12
Oops, Thanks Jennifer.