[protege-owl] Re: viewing bipax owl instances graphically using OWLViz

[protege-owl] Re: viewing bipax owl instances graphically using OWLViz

Doug Holmes
Hello Dhivya,
This is fairly common situation and there are lots of references about it in the archive.  Essentially, if you don't already have GraphViz installed, you should download it from the ATT website (www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz)  and install it. I think that the default location for the installation will be C:\Program Files\ATT\GraphViz\bin\Dot  Then, from the OWLViz tab in Protégé, open "Options" [next to the last right hand button on the "Tab" toolbar and use Browse to set the path to your Dot location.  That usually gets everything to work.  Then you can select owl:Thing in the Tab, click on the yellow "Show Class" button, select the depth of display and view the ontology.
Hope this helps,
Doug

On Feb 7, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Dhivya Arasappan/O/VCU wrote:

Hello all,

I'm using Protege version 3.2 beta and thanks to your help, I've now been able to import a biopax file into protege. But when I try to use the OWLViz plug in to view a diagram of the owl file, I get the following error:

A error related to DOT has occured. This error was probably because OWL Viz could not find the DOT application. Please ensure that the path to the DOT application is set properly.

The DOT path seems to be set to:

C:\Program Files\ATT\GraphViz\bin\Dot This path doesnt seem to exist.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any suggestions about other ways to view the file graphically on protege?

thanks
dhivya