[protege-owl] Represent sentences in OWL?

[protege-owl] Represent sentences in OWL?

Congmin min
Hi, it appears to me that in OWL ontology only single concepts and relationhips  between these concepts  can be  represented, which are common 'world knowledge'. Is there any way for representing contextual knowledge. For example, I want to express the following sentence in OWL, Is that possible?
  John walked to the station for 50 minutes.

If you have any ideas, I would very much appreciate.
Congmin

Re: Represent sentences in OWL?

Jennifer Vendetti-2

Congmin,

Your question has been addressed on the protege-owl mailing list.

Some friendly reminders to our user community:

1).  Please post OWL related questions to the protege-owl mailing list.

2).  Please do not cross-post your messages to both the
protege-discussion and protege-owl mailing lists.  This causes an
unnecessary increase in traffic.  Both lists are monitored by the same
set of developers.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Congmin min wrote:

>Hi, it appears to me that in OWL ontology only single concepts and
>relationhips  between these concepts  can be  represented, which are common
>'world knowledge'. Is there any way for representing contextual knowledge.
>For example, I want to express the following sentence in OWL, Is that
>possible?
>  John walked to the station for 50 minutes.
>
>If you have any ideas, I would very much appreciate.
>Congmin

Re: Represent sentences in OWL?

Congmin min
Jennifer:

I am sorry for that. I am a new user, and thank you for your reminder.
Congmin

On 6/30/06, Jennifer Vendetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congmin,
>
> Your question has been addressed on the protege-owl mailing list.
>
> Some friendly reminders to our user community:
>
> 1).  Please post OWL related questions to the protege-owl mailing list.
>
> 2).  Please do not cross-post your messages to both the
> protege-discussion and protege-owl mailing lists.  This causes an
> unnecessary increase in traffic.  Both lists are monitored by the same
> set of developers.
>
> Thank you,
> Jennifer
>
> Congmin min wrote:
>
> >Hi, it appears to me that in OWL ontology only single concepts and
> >relationhips  between these concepts  can be  represented, which are
> common
> >'world knowledge'. Is there any way for representing contextual
> knowledge.
> >For example, I want to express the following sentence in OWL, Is that
> >possible?
> >  John walked to the station for 50 minutes.
> >
> >If you have any ideas, I would very much appreciate.
> >Congmin

Re: Represent sentences in OWL?

Doug Holmes

Hi Congmin,
        you will probably soon be politely advised to ask owl questions on
the protege- owl list [[hidden email]].  Meanwhile, you
might like to take a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/
Adios,
Doug
On Jun 30, 2006, at 8:35 AM, Congmin min wrote:

> Hi, it appears to me that in OWL ontology only single concepts and
> relationhips  between these concepts  can be  represented, which
> are common
> 'world knowledge'. Is there any way for representing contextual
> knowledge.
> For example, I want to express the following sentence in OWL, Is that
> possible?
>   John walked to the station for 50 minutes.
>
> If you have any ideas, I would very much appreciate.
> Congmin

Re: Represent sentences in OWL?

Congmin min
Doug: