[protege-owl] Strange behaviour of Protege?

[protege-owl] Strange behaviour of Protege?

eduard barbu
I am using Protege-OWL Plug-in Version 2.2 Beta (Build 288)

If I create by hand an OWL ontology (or programatically using Jena) with only one class "Gogu" like this:

<rdf:RDF
    xmlns="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/test#"
    xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
    xmlns:daml="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil#">
  <owl:Class rdf:ID="Gogu"/>
</rdf:RDF>

Protege will invent a prefix named p1 (that points to the ontology file) and add it in front of Gogu so we see dispalyed
p1:Gogu
Is this the correct behaviour and if so why? (I defined the ontology nameSpace and it is not p1)

If  instead  I add the  xml:base="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/test.owl" the class Gogu is displayed normaly.
Now I add manualy a new class "Leana" but using the construct rdf:about like this:
<rdf:RDF
    xmlns="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/test#"
    xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
    xmlns:daml="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil#"