[protege-owl] attributes of xsd:strings

Pierluigi Miraglia
I realize this is probably rather a general xml or XMLSchema question,
but: is it possible (in both the sense of permissible and practical) to
define additional string attributes -- like, e.g., xml:lang -- in OWL
and handle them in Protege/OWL?

For instance, suppose I'd like to tag a xml:lang="en" string with a
morph="plural" attribute.

--
Pierluigi Miraglia * * * Sr Ontologist, Convera
+1-512-626-8366    * * * www.convera.com

[protege-owl] Re: attributes of xsd:strings

JMiller

I am also working on a similar (or same) problem:  I want to define properties of properties.

For instance:  we believe, with a confidence of 0.5, that Tom is Bob's brother.  So I want to attach a confidence property with a value of 0.5 to Bob's isSiblingOf Tom property.  And, of course, Bob will have other properties, some of which will have other confidence values.

Is this possible in OWL, and in Protege?  And is there a way to stay in OWL-DL?

Jim Miller
Sr Software Engineer II, IIS
Raytheon Company

Pierluigi Miraglia <[hidden email]>