[protege-owl] export/convertion of OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

[protege-owl] export/convertion of OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

michal-12
Hi all,

I new to Protege community and would be glad if anyone could help me on
this one.

I have tried to export the example pizza ontology, which comes with
Protege, to RDFS or when I try to convert it to RDF Files format
(everything done from the application window - version 3.1.1) I get the
exception:

"SEVERE: uncaught exception -- java.lang.ClassCastException:
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFLiteral at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.walker.protege.ProtegeFrameWalker.getDocumentation(Unknown
Source)......"

I can send you a printscreen of the whole stack trace if you can help me.

The exception appeared also when I have tried to convert/export the
ontology from: http://zeitkunst.org/bibtex/0.1/bibtex.owl.

Did you have any problems conserning such a convertion?
Do you know any successful-OWL 2 RDFS-convertion cases with Protege?

Cheers,
Michal

[protege-owl] Re: export/convertion of OWL ontology to RDFS ontology

Tania Tudorache
Michal,

the RDFS export does not work with Protege OWL ontologies, only with
Protege frames ontologies. I have updated and mentioned this on the wiki
site of the RDF Backend:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RDFBackend

We will disable in future releases the RDF export option in the File
menu for OWL ontologies.

Sorry for the confusion.
Tania

michal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I new to Protege community and would be glad if anyone could help me
> on this one.
>
> I have tried to export the example pizza ontology, which comes with
> Protege, to RDFS or when I try to convert it to RDF Files format
> (everything done from the application window - version 3.1.1) I get
> the exception:
>
> "SEVERE: uncaught exception -- java.lang.ClassCastException:
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFLiteral at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.walker.protege.ProtegeFrameWalker.getDocumentation(Unknown
> Source)......"
>
> I can send you a printscreen of the whole stack trace if you can help me.
>
> The exception appeared also when I have tried to convert/export the
> ontology from: http://zeitkunst.org/bibtex/0.1/bibtex.owl.
>
> Did you have any problems conserning such a convertion?
> Do you know any successful-OWL 2 RDFS-convertion cases with Protege?
>
> Cheers,
> Michal

[protege-owl] import/export

vincent aupetit

hi,

I'm training technical writer and i'm using more and more Protégé to create models. I'd like to know if it's posible to import excel tabs into Protégé project. i'm working on a project and i'd like to know if i need to create all the dates into a protégé project, or if i could import excel tabs to earn time ( i've created html from excel and i've changed the code but in my point of vue it's not so practical...)

this software is really great and week after week i discover new posibilities ( into my training, to create models of task oriented information modelling we've discovered Protégé and i'd like to go on working on semantic web, so this software seems to be the greatest way to learn and expand my works.)

best regards

Vincent AUPETIT

Training Technical Writer on Alcan Specialty Sheet,

site de Neuf-Brisach ZIP rhénane Nord 68600 Biesheim, FRANCE.

cel: 06 17 80 19 90

chabat'z d'entra...

http://www.letrasdeagua.net/poemas/paz/pazsol_01.html

From: Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [protege-owl] Re: export/convertion of OWL ontology to RDFS ontology
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:40:11 -0700

michal wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I new to Protege community and would be glad if anyone could help me
>on this one.
>
>I have tried to export the example pizza ontology, which comes with
>Protege, to RDFS or when I try to convert it to RDF Files format
>(everything done from the application window - version 3.1.1) I get
>the exception:
>
>"SEVERE: uncaught exception -- java.lang.ClassCastException:
>edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFLiteral at
>edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.walker.protege.ProtegeFrameWalker.getDocumentation(Unknown
>Source)......"
>
>I can send you a printscreen of the whole stack trace if you can
>help me.
>
>The exception appeared also when I have tried to convert/export the
>ontology from: http://zeitkunst.org/bibtex/0.1/bibtex.owl.
>
>Did you have any problems conserning such a convertion?
>Do you know any successful-OWL 2 RDFS-convertion cases with Protege?
>
>Cheers,
>Michal

[protege-owl] Re: import/export

Tania Tudorache
Vincent,

you can export to Excel from Protege using the QueryTab (for Protege
frames ontologies):
http://www.bioinf.mdc-berlin.de/~schober/TheQueryExportTab/

To import from Excel to Protege without writing code, you would have to
convert the xls worksheet to a database table and then use the Datagenie
plugin to import the data in the ontology:
http://faculty.washington.edu/gennari/Protege-plugins/DataGenie/index.html

It is also pretty straightforward to write your own import or export
plugin. Here you find documentation on how to do this:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html

Cheers,
Tania

vincent aupetit wrote:

> [...]
>
>     >Source)......"
>     >
>     >I can send you a printscreen of the whole stack trace if you can
>     >help me.
>     >
>     >The exception appeared also when I have tried to convert/export the
>     >ontology from: http://zeitkunst.org/bibtex/0.1/bibtex.owl.
>     >
>     >Did you have any problems conserning such a convertion?
>     >Do you know any successful-OWL 2 RDFS-convertion cases with Protege?
>     >
>     >Cheers,
>     >Michal
>     >
>     >
>     >----------------------------------------------------------------------
>     >1000 zl mandatu za stare prawo jazdy! >>>

[protege-owl] re

vincent aupetit

Vincent,

you can export to Excel from Protege using the QueryTab (for Protege frames ontologies): http://www.bioinf.mdc-berlin.de/~schober/TheQueryExportTab/

To import from Excel to Protege without writing code, you would have to convert the xls worksheet to a database table and then use the Datagenie plugin to import the data in the ontology: http://faculty.washington.edu/gennari/Protege-plugins/DataGenie/index.html

It is also pretty straightforward to write your own import or export plugin. Here you find documentation on how to do this: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html

Cheers,
Tania

hi Tania,

thanks for answering so quickly...

I check the links you have written to me, and if I have some trouble with te writing of my plugin i'll ask you...

Cheers,

have a nice day,

Vincent.