[protege-owl] not able to open a biopax owl file- load project errors

[protege-owl] not able to open a biopax owl file- load project errors

dhivyaai
Hi everyone,

I have these biopax owl files which I would like to see graphically. So, I tried opening it in Protege but I get the following error:

Load project errors
java.io.FilenotFoundexception: c:\\.......biopax\simple-demo-pathway.owl(the system cannot find the file specified).

This seems very strange considering that the file does exist.

Any suggestions of how to import a biopax file into protege?

thanks
dhivya
------------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe go to http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html

[protege-owl] Re: not able to open a biopax owl file- load project errors

Ronnie Valkky
Hi dhivya ,

I tried with Protege Protege 3.2 Build 241 and it handled BioPAX owl files ok:
~ Downloaded to O:\OWLExamples\BioPAX and unzipped biopax-level2 there.
~ Loaded OK files such as biopax-example-short-pathway project and owl.
~ Protege showed path: file:\O:\OWLExamples\BioPAX\biopax-example-short-pathway.pprj, OWL / RDF Files

In your case:
c:\\.......biopax\simple-demo-pathway.owl does not look like a valid path for software to find  simple-demo-pathway.owl

The advice I can give you is
1. download and install a newer Protege version
2. tell your Protege version and operating system whenever you report problems, because it will help those who develop software.
3. if possible, avoid spaces in folder names (above OWL files can be loaded from a folder with spaces in Win XP, other platforms I  don't know)

Cheers,
Ronnie

dhivya
------------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe go to http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html

[protege-owl] Re: not able to open a biopax owl file- load project errors

Matthew Horridge
[...]

All of these points are good pieces of advice.  Also, how did you open the OWL file (double clicking, or project create...?)

Ronnie