[protege-owl] ontology for computer networks

[protege-owl] ontology for computer networks

Frank Doelitzscher
Hello everybody,

I am new at this mailinglist, so at first: hello :)

For a study project I want to determin if it is possible use RDF and OWL
to describe a computer network, with some PCs, Switches and Routers, and
their connection to each other.
I am very new in the rdf/owl/semantic web world so I have some questions:

a) Do you think this is possible?
b) Do such an ontology exist yet?
c) I want to build an ontology with Protege. But I also looked at Swoop.
Which tool would fit better to this task, or is there anothe one?

d) I looked out for documentation and forums, can someone recommend anything?

Thank You!

Best regards

Frank Dölitzscher

PGP: FEBA 10DE 03C8 8E77 2A19  A1AA 7D66 9CC2 749D 7C7F

[protege-owl] Re: ontology for computer networks

vincent aupetit

hello,

For a study project I want to determin if it is possible use RDF and OWL
to describe a computer network, with some PCs, Switches and Routers, and
their connection to each other.
I am very new in the rdf/owl/semantic web world so I have some questions:

a) Do you think this is possible?

i'm not sure but i think it's posible to do what you wanna do...

b) Do such an ontology exist yet?

i'm working on it,i intent to build a project quite similar to yours

c) I want to build an ontology with Protege. But I also looked at Swoop.
Which tool would fit better to this task, or is there anothe one?

i can't answer you to this point...

d) I looked out for documentation and forums, can someone recommend anything?

...you want some rdf owl semantic web doc??? i can give you some links...

Vincent AUPETIT

Training Technical Writer on Alcan Specialty Sheet,

site de Neuf-Brisach ZIP rhénane Nord 68600 Biesheim, FRANCE.

0033 (0)6 17 80 19 90

MSN:[hidden email]

Gtalk:[hidden email]

chabat'z d'entra...

[protege-owl] Re: ontology for computer networks

Elyes Lehtihet-3
Hello Frank,

You might want to have a look at this work:
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/pubs/quirolgico-wise2004.pdf.

It is based on the DMTF-CIM and OWL. By applying their mapping you will
loose the behavioral features and a good number of Qualifiers, but the
definition of systems entities and their interrelationship (inheritance,
association, aggregation,...) is fully supported by OWL.

Hope this helps,
Elyes