[protege-owl] protege tool

Saranya K
hi,
    which tool can i use to build an ontology for sematic????
thanks and regards
         saranya

Re: [protege-owl] protege tool

Jorge García (aka Bardok)
Protégé: http://protege.stanford.edu/
Swoop: http://code.google.com/p/swoop/

I think there are some Eclipse plugins too, like this one, but have not
tested any of these (actually I've only tested Protégé):

http://owl-eclipse.projects.semwebcentral.org/

Regards, and may Google be with you in your search (or yahoo, or
whatever you want to use).

Regards:

        Bdk

  Jorge García (aka Bardok)
  email: bardok AT telefonica DOT net
        shadow AT bardok DOT net
  "I do not feel obliged to believe
  that the same God who has endowed us
  with sadness, reason and intellect
  has intended us to forgo their use"
   - Galielo Galilei -
                Haggard - The Observer

Re: [protege-owl] protege tool

Saranya K
hi..
       does altova semanticworks2007 tool can be used for buinding ontology on semantic web???

thanks and regards
saranya

Re: [protege-owl] protege tool

Leonard Levering
Yes it can, although I didn't see any reason to use it, instead of the
free tools available.

Leonard

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:15:15 +0100, Saranya K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi..
>        does altova semanticworks2007 tool can be used for buinding
> ontology
> on semantic web???
>
> thanks and regards
> saranya

Re: [protege-owl] protege tool

fabiandev

although i am new to WS, it seems that semanticworks only allow you to build an
ontology (there is a 30 days trial), but it doens't handle any reasoning at
all. So...going further than what Leonard said, why pay for something that does
only a little part of what free tools do...

i saw a tool that seem very interesting if a project has some financial
ressources :  see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/19314/focus=19324

Fabian

Re: [protege-owl] protege tool

Saranya K
hi..
     can i get any examples that is build on semantics????
im building an ontology for the word normalization using semantics....
so suggest me any tool that supports my project..

thanks and regards...
saranya

Re: [protege-owl] protege tool

adam.saltiel
Two questions.
1. What do you mean by "build on semantics". You should look up the work of Henry Story, maybe. He is working on importing ontologies directly into code in a similar way to how annotations are used.
Or do you mean successful uses of ontologies?
2. What do you mean by  "word normalization using semantics"?
The way I see it, and my view maybe a million miles off, apart from the extensive use of ontology modelling in the medical world, where there is an extensive and complex domain in which typing is used to slice the domain into different dimension, ontology modelling is not used a great deal. In this context the notion of the semantic web has been taken up by some who see it more in the large as a means for open information exchange from unknown or unanticipated sources. I am more of the opinion that while this may be so, what is of more interest and I find more credible, is private information exchange between known or anticipated sources, and the development of methodologies and tools to facilitate this. This always means working in the small and on specific problems.
"word normalization using semantics" may fit into this frame and I would be interested to learn more of what you mean.
Adam

On 25/01/07, Saranya K <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi..
     can i get any examples that is build on semantics????
im building an ontology for the word normalization using semantics....
so suggest me any tool that supports my project..

thanks and regards...
saranya

[protege-owl] Java Application with OWL and JessTab

Antonino Lo Bue (gmail)
I'm new to developing Java applications with the Protege APIs...
My objective is to build a server application (maybe a servlet) that open an OWL project and manipulate it by using the JessTab plugin....

Did you think that is possible?

Any resources?

Thanks in advance

Antonino Lo Bue