[protege-owl] rdf:List widget

Daniel Elenius
What happened to the rdf:List widget? I don't see where it should be. I
have to make rdf:first and rdf:rest visible and edit the list manually,
which is hard work.

Daniel

Re: [protege-owl] rdf:List widget

Tania Tudorache
Daniel,

Indeed, the rdf:first and rdf:last are filtered out for some reason from
the GUI. Probably the idea behind this decision, was that rdf:List is
mainly used internally by Protege and usually people don't want to see
them or edit them directly.

I will check how hard it is to enable them again in the GUI in the
Protege 3.3 beta.

Tania

Daniel Elenius wrote:

> What happened to the rdf:List widget? I don't see where it should be. I
> have to make rdf:first and rdf:rest visible and edit the list manually,
> which is hard work.
>
> Daniel

Re: [protege-owl] rdf:List widget

Daniel Elenius
This wasn't the main issue. There used to be a special widget for
editing rdf:Lists, where one would see all the list members in order at
the same time. I don't see it anymore. It's there is source code though:

    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.widget.RDFListWidget

Perhaps there is some special magic to enable this widget?

Daniel

Tania Tudorache wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Indeed, the rdf:first and rdf:last are filtered out for some reason from
> the GUI. Probably the idea behind this decision, was that rdf:List is
> mainly used internally by Protege and usually people don't want to see
> them or edit them directly.
>
> I will check how hard it is to enable them again in the GUI in the
> Protege 3.3 beta.
>
> Tania
>

> Daniel Elenius wrote:
>
>> What happened to the rdf:List widget? I don't see where it should be. I
>> have to make rdf:first and rdf:rest visible and edit the list manually,
>> which is hard work.
>>
>> Daniel

Re: [protege-owl] rdf:List widget

Tania Tudorache
The RDFListWidget is still there, but it can be applied only for named
classes and properties that have as range rdf:List.

Tania

Daniel Elenius wrote:

> This wasn't the main issue. There used to be a special widget for
> editing rdf:Lists, where one would see all the list members in order
> at the same time. I don't see it anymore. It's there is source code
> though:
>

>    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.widget.RDFListWidget
>
> Perhaps there is some special magic to enable this widget?
>
> Daniel
>

> Tania Tudorache wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> Indeed, the rdf:first and rdf:last are filtered out for some reason
>> from the GUI. Probably the idea behind this decision, was that
>> rdf:List is mainly used internally by Protege and usually people
>> don't want to see them or edit them directly.
>>
>> I will check how hard it is to enable them again in the GUI in the
>> Protege 3.3 beta.
>>
>> Tania
>>

>> Daniel Elenius wrote:
>>
>>> What happened to the rdf:List widget? I don't see where it should
>>> be. I have to make rdf:first and rdf:rest visible and edit the list
>>> manually, which is hard work.
>>>
>>> Daniel

Re: [protege-owl] rdf:List widget

Daniel Elenius
That is what I have, but it doesn't show up. How do you "apply" it?

Tania Tudorache wrote:

> The RDFListWidget is still there, but it can be applied only for named
> classes and properties that have as range rdf:List.
>
> Tania
>
> Daniel Elenius wrote:
>
>> This wasn't the main issue. There used to be a special widget for
>> editing rdf:Lists, where one would see all the list members in order
>> at the same time. I don't see it anymore. It's there is source code
>> though:
>>

>>    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.widget.RDFListWidget
>>
>> Perhaps there is some special magic to enable this widget?
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>> Tania Tudorache wrote:
>>
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> Indeed, the rdf:first and rdf:last are filtered out for some reason
>>> from the GUI. Probably the idea behind this decision, was that
>>> rdf:List is mainly used internally by Protege and usually people
>>> don't want to see them or edit them directly.
>>>
>>> I will check how hard it is to enable them again in the GUI in the
>>> Protege 3.3 beta.
>>>
>>> Tania

Re: [protege-owl] rdf:List widget

Tania Tudorache
OK, so try the following experiment:

1. Activate the option to see hidden classes from the Project ->
Configure -> Options panel
2. Create a class "A"
2. Create an object property "O", set its domain to "A" and the range to
"rdf:List"
3. In the FormsTab, select class "A". Change the widget for "O" to
RDFListWidget.

I just tried these steps in Protege 3.2, and it worked.

Tania