[protege-owl] restrictions

daniel.goergen

Hello!

I have a question concerning restrictions in OWL.
My model contains a Statemachine and a property hasStates.
There are different types of states (Start, End, Normal and Decision).

Now there are several restrictions because of the definition of a state machine:

* It has minimum one state (excluding start, end and decision states). => hasStates some NormalState
* It has exactly one start state
* It has minimum one end state

Is there a way to combine this in one restriction on hasStates? or another possibility?

I don´t want to use more properties like hasEndstates and hasStartState because I am using Graph Widget populate the model.

thanks for reading :O)

Daniel

[protege-owl] reasoner error

daniel.goergen

Hello!

when i try to run racer pro I always get: DIG Reasoner Error: Only integers, floats, booleans, or strings expected as values. [ID: ]

I wasn´t able to figure out what that means.

Another question: When I use datatype properties like hasName (string) does this automatically mean my ontology is in OWL-Full?

Is is correct that with OWL-DL you can´t tag restrict a datatype property to be "single required"?

sorry for asking so much questions

Daniel

Re: [protege-owl] restrictions

Massimo Coletti
Daniel,

I don't think that is possible without coding at least a subproperty
hasStartState with restriction(cardinality(1)). Then you can add
someValue restrictions on the main property for EndState and normalState
(all subclasses of State).

In the form, you will have to fill a "standard" widget with the start
state, then it will appear in the graph, and you can populate the graph
with the other states.

.. well I am not a guru :-)

Massimo

Daniel Goergen ha scritto:

> Hello!
>
> I have a question concerning restrictions in OWL.
> My model contains a Statemachine and a property hasStates.
> There are different types of states (Start, End, Normal and Decision).
>
> Now there are several restrictions because of the definition of a
> state machine:
>
> * It has minimum one state (excluding start, end and decision states).
> => hasStates some NormalState
> * It has exactly one start state
> * It has minimum one end state
>
> Is there a way to combine this in one restriction on hasStates? or
> another possibility?
>
> I don´t want to use more properties like hasEndstates and
> hasStartState because I am using Graph Widget populate the model.
>

> thanks for reading :O)
>
> Daniel

unauthorized and may be illegal.

[protege-owl] R: reasoner error

Paolo Giuseppe De Luca
Hello Daniel,
Check for some empty datatype property in order to workaroud the Dig Reasoner error with racer Pro.

bye
Paolo

Re: [protege-owl] reasoner error

Massimo Coletti
Daniel Goergen ha scritto:

> Hello!
>

> when i try to run racer pro I always get: DIG Reasoner Error: Only
> integers, floats, booleans, or strings expected as values. [ID: ]
i think it's a bug in the DIG language interface of Protege, when it
deals with boolean values. Try to change the range of your boolean
datatype properties (eg. to integer or string 'true' 'false').

Massimo

unauthorized and may be illegal.

Re: [protege-owl] reasoner error

Michael Wessel-2
Am Friday 08 September 2006 15:25 schrieb Massimo Coletti:

> Daniel Goergen ha scritto:
> > Hello!
> >

> > when i try to run racer pro I always get: DIG Reasoner Error: Only
> > integers, floats, booleans, or strings expected as values. [ID: ]
>
> i think it's a bug in the DIG language interface of Protege, when it
> deals with boolean values. Try to change the range of your boolean
> datatype properties (eg. to integer or string 'true' 'false').

No, this is not a bug. RacerPro only supports int, float, string, boolean, as indicated by
the message.

The DIG interface restriction yields the following message from Protege:

"DIG 1.1 does not support the range specified for the datatype property ...."

Here is an example OWL file demonstrating the use of datatype properties with RacerPro:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#"
    xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
    xmlns="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#"
  xml:base="http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl">
  <owl:Ontology rdf:about=""/>
  <owl:Class rdf:ID="person"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="married">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#person"/>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="age">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#person"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#float"/>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="zipcode">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#person"/>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="name">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#person"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <person rdf:ID="betty">
    <name rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    <age rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#float"
    <zipcode rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int"
    <married rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean"
    >true</married>
  </person>
</rdf:RDF>

<!-- Created with Protege (with OWL Plugin 2.2, Build 324)  http://protege.stanf
ord.edu -->

You can load it with RacerPorter (RacerPorter log):

1 ? (OWL-READ-FILE "/home/mi.wessel/Protege_3.2_beta/dtp-test.owl")

Reading /home/mi.wessel/Protege_3.2_beta/dtp-test.owl...
done.
1 > |/home/mi.wessel/Protege_3.2_beta/dtp-test.owl|

(Note: no error message)

and can query it using nRQL like this:

4 ? (RETRIEVE
     (?X
      (DATATYPE-FILLERS
       (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#age| ?X))
      (DATATYPE-FILLERS
       (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#zipcode|
        ?X))
      (DATATYPE-FILLERS
       (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#name|
        ?X))
      (DATATYPE-FILLERS
       (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#married|
        ?X)))
     (?X |http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#person|))

4 > (((?X |http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#betty|)
      ((:TOLD-VALUE
        (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#age|
         ?X))
       (32.0))
      ((:TOLD-VALUE
        (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#zipcode|
         ?X))
       (12345))
      ((:TOLD-VALUE
        (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#name|
         ?X))
       ("Betty Smith"))
      ((:TOLD-VALUE
        (|http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1157723399.owl#married|
         ?X))
       (#T))))

[protege-owl] R: reasoner error

Paolo Giuseppe De Luca
Daniel,
(indepentently from what Michel and Massimo say)
I experienced that if you have an individual with datatype property asserted on empty value you can get that DIG Reasoner error. HAve you any individual? Then if in your owl file you have somethig like

<your_datataype_property></your_datataype_property>
instead of
<your_datataype_property>somedata here</your_datataype_property>

you'll get that error.

bye Again
paolo