[protege-owl]

yujia
Hi, all:
I am a novice of protégé and ontology. Please help me entering this totally new field.
I have a problem. When I tried to directly open the ontologies from this website, (http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/owl-library/index.html) my protégé gave me an error message window. It said: Can only open Protégé project (.pprj) files. So, where can I get the .pprj files of those ontologies?

Jason

Sincerely Yours
Jia Yu

Research Assistant of Computer Science/Information Systems
College of Business and Information Systems
Dakota State University
Madison, SD 57042
Call:(605)256-0191

[protege-owl] Re: (No Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:43:14 +0000

Hai Wang
Dear Jia,
The pprj file is generated when you save your ontology for the first
time.  To open an existing owl file, you could select create a new
project, then  select the type " OWL Files" and make the checkbox of
"Create form Existing Sources" checked. Please find more information
about using Pretege-owl from
http://www.co-ode.org/resources/tutorials/ProtegeOWLTutorial.pdf
although the screen shot is a little bit out of date.

Regards
Hai

On 3 Feb 2006, at 18:52, Yu, Jia wrote:

> Hi, all:
> I am a novice of protégé and ontology. Please help me entering this
> totally new field.
> I have a problem. When I tried to directly open the ontologies from
> this website, (http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/owl-library/
> index.html) my protégé gave me an error message window. It said:
> Can only open Protégé project (.pprj) files. So, where can I get
> the .pprj files of those ontologies?
>
> Jason
>

> Sincerely Yours Jia Yu Research Assistant of Computer Science/
> Information Systems College of Business and Information Systems
> Dakota State University Madison, SD 57042 Call:(605)256-0191

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

[protege-owl] 答复: [protege-owl] Re: (No Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:43:14 +0000

yujia
Hi, Wang Hai:

I am glad to receive your email. I still have difficulty in opening an
ontology file from web. According to the instruction, I should be able to
open the online file such as
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/owl-library/generations.owl

Or any ontology in this website:
http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/

Do you know how to open them?

Jia Yu

The pprj file is generated when you save your ontology for the first
time.  To open an existing owl file, you could select create a new
project, then  select the type " OWL Files" and make the checkbox of
"Create form Existing Sources" checked. Please find more information
about using Pretege-owl from
http://www.co-ode.org/resources/tutorials/ProtegeOWLTutorial.pdf
although the screen shot is a little bit out of date.

Regards
Hai

On 3 Feb 2006, at 18:52, Yu, Jia wrote:

> Hi, all:
> I am a novice of protégé and ontology. Please help me entering this
> totally new field.
> I have a problem. When I tried to directly open the ontologies from
> this website, (http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/owl-library/
> index.html) my protégé gave me an error message window. It said:
> Can only open Protégé project (.pprj) files. So, where can I get
> the .pprj files of those ontologies?
>
> Jason
>

> Sincerely Yours Jia Yu Research Assistant of Computer Science/
> Information Systems College of Business and Information Systems
> Dakota State University Madison, SD 57042 Call:(605)256-0191
Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

winmail.dat (3K) Download Attachment

[protege-owl] Re: [protege-owl]

cburleso

You can either download one of those ontologies and save it as an owl file on your computer (e.g. fileName.owl) or just reference it directly by URL.

Here's how:

Then choose to Create a New Project in Protege. In the Create New Project dialog, select "Create from Existing Sources" and select OWL Files in the list. You can then enter the file or URL to the owl file and create a new project based on it.

==================================
Cody Burleson

"Yu, Jia" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

02/03/2006 01:52 PM

Please respond to

"[hidden email]" <'[hidden email]'>
cc
Subject
[protege-owl]

Hi, all:
I am a novice of protégé and ontology. Please help me entering this totally new field.
I have a problem. When I tried to directly open the ontologies from this website, (http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/owl-library/index.html) my protégé gave me an error message window. It said: Can only open Protégé project (.pprj) files. So, where can I get the .pprj files of those ontologies?

Jason

Sincerely Yours
Jia Yu

Research Assistant of Computer Science/Information Systems
College of Business and Information Systems
Dakota State University
Madison, SD 57042
Call:(605)256-0191

[protege-owl] 答复: [protege-owl] 答复: [protege-owl] Re: (No Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:43:14 +0000

yujia
Hi, Wang Hai:

Thank you very much, I solved it and know how to open it now. The first time
I read your email hastily, so didn't get your meaning.

Thank you very much. I will finish the tutorial.

Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely Yours
Jia Yu

Research Assistant of Computer Science/Information Systems
College of Business and Information Systems
Dakota State University
Madison, SD 57042
Tel: (605)256-0191