protege

Goh Hui Ngo
Hi,
   I just want to clarify few questions:
1. Ontology has to be build manulayy using protege
2. Is there any reasoning capability or features in protege

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Goh

Re: protege

Tania Tudorache

Goh Hui Ngo wrote:

>Hi,
>   I just want to clarify few questions:
>1. Ontology has to be build manulayy using protege

Depends what you mean by that. Yes, you can edit the ontology manually,
meaning you create an ontology from scratch, using the editing
capabilities of Protege. You can take a look at the Protege wiki
(http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/) where you find plenty of
resources of how to do that.

You can also use the import plugins for importing an ontology from
different sources. For that, take a look at:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegePluginsLibraryByTopic#nid3QQ

>2. Is there any reasoning capability or features in protege

Yes, there are several plugins that you can use for different types of
reasoning. Here you find a list of all reasoning plugins:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegePluginsLibraryByTopic#nid3R8

Tania