"OWL-S Editor" import problem

ahtisham aslam
Hi,
I was trying to import owl files created with OWL-S
API and available at

http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/services.shtml

There are three Composite Services available on this
page

1) French Dictionary Service
2) Book Price Service
3) Find Cheaper Book Service

OWL-S Editor can successfully import third OWL-S
service i.e. "Find Cheaper Book Service" but failed to
import other two composite services i.e. 1 & 2. Even
though i have downloaded these two services (1 & 2)
and executed with OWL-S API and they are executing
without any probelm. Its mean that theses two files
are complete OWL-S files. But what is problem in
importing them ? Has any body else tryed it or can
please some one can have a look on this issue. The
exception that i get when i try to import these
ontologies is as under

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

java.lang.ClassCastException:
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFUntypedResource
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.AllValuesFromRestrictionUpdater.updateValueTypeFacet(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.AllValuesFromRestrictionUpdater.updateValueTypeFacet(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.AllValuesFromRestrictionUpdater.copyFacetValuesIntoNamedClass(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.OWLFrameStore.copyFacetValuesIntoOWLNamedClass(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.OWLFrameStore.copyFacetValuesIntoOWLNamedClass(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.OWLFrameStore.copyFacetValuesIntoNamedClses(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.AbstractOWLModel.copyFacetValuesIntoNamedClses(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledgeBase(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadDomainKB(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.createDomainKnowledgeBase(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.OWLFilesCreateProjectPlugin.buildNewProject2(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.OWLFilesCreateProjectPlugin.buildNewProject(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.AbstractCreateProjectPlugin.createProject(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.CreateProjectWizard.onFinish(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.Wizard$1.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.Wizard.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.createNewProjectRequest(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.CreateProject.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
[...]
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown
Source)

Please consider running the file through an RDF or OWL
validation service such as
  - RDF Validator: http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator
  - OWL Validator:
http://phoebus.cs.man.ac.uk:9999/OWL/Validator

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Second probelm: One i enable OWL-S plugin, then it
shows OWL-S Editor tab two times. What about that ?
thx in advance for help,
Bye
Bye

Re: "OWL-S Editor" import problem

Daniel Elenius
There are some problems with the published files. The ones that we
distribute with the OWL-S Editor are corrected.

ahtisham aslam wrote:

> [...]
> at
> java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Please consider running the file through an RDF or OWL
> validation service such as
>   - RDF Validator: http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator
>   - OWL Validator:
> http://phoebus.cs.man.ac.uk:9999/OWL/Validator
>

> //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
> Second probelm: One i enable OWL-S plugin, then it
> shows OWL-S Editor tab two times. What about that ?

I tryed to import "AmazoneBookPrice, BookFinder,
BNPrice and FindCheaperBook" example services
available with OWL-S Editor (example/mindswap folder)
but OWL-S Editor failed to import any of the above
files.

Then i downloaded the "FindCheaperBook" owl file from
mindswap site and imported it in OWL-S Editor and
OWL-S Editor successfully imported this file.

Import Error for "BookFinder" owls service is

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

java.lang.ClassCastException:
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFUntypedResource
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.SimpleFrameStore.addInheritedSuperslotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.SimpleFrameStore.addOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.SimpleFrameStore.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ModificationFrameStore.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ModificationFrameStore.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.getOwnSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.getStandardSlotValues(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.getValueType(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultSlot.getValueType(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.RDFPropertyPostProcessor.updateValueType(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.RDFPropertyPostProcessor.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.TripleChangePostProcessor.postProcess(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.AbstractTripleStoreModel.endTripleStoreChanges(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.loadTriples(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown
[...]

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

and import error for "BNPrice" Service is

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[...]

Would you please have a look on this problem.

With thanks waiting for response,

Bye.

--- Daniel Elenius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are some problems with the published files.
> The ones that we
> distribute with the OWL-S Editor are corrected.
>
> ahtisham aslam wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I was trying to import owl files created with
> OWL-S
> > API and available at
> >
> > http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/services.shtml
> >
> > There are three Composite Services available on
> this
> > page
> >
> > 1) French Dictionary Service
> > 2) Book Price Service
> > 3) Find Cheaper Book Service
> >
> > OWL-S Editor can successfully import third OWL-S
> > service i.e. "Find Cheaper Book Service" but
> failed to
> > import other two composite services i.e. 1 & 2.
> Even
> > though i have downloaded these two services (1 &
> 2)
> > and executed with OWL-S API and they are executing
> > without any probelm. Its mean that theses two
> files
> > are complete OWL-S files. But what is problem in
> > importing them ? Has any body else tryed it or can
> > please some one can have a look on this issue. The
> > exception that i get when i try to import these
> > ontologies is as under

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

> [...]

> > Source)
> > at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
> > at
> >
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.Wizard.execute(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at

edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.createNewProjectRequest(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at

edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.CreateProject.actionPerformed(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at

javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at

javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown

=== message truncated ===

Re: "OWL-S Editor" import problem

ahtisham aslam
Hi,
Some thing more regarding importing owls service in
OWL-S Editor
First Case:
I would like to mention you again that i am not trying
to import my own examples, i m trying to import
examples that you have provided with OWL-S Editor 1.2
and i hope that you have given these examples
according to OWL-S 1.2. I tryed to import
"BookFinder.owl", "BNPrice.owl" and
"FindCheaperBook.owl" examples provided with OWL-S
Editor 1.2 but Protege 3.2 give error on import of
anyone of these files. But if after closing Error
window i enable OWL-S Editor plugin then OWL-S Editor
shows these owl-s services. But what is problem on
backe end is not understandable. May be u can have a
look on. Remember this is the case when i trying to
import your examples.

Second Case:
I downloaded "FindCheaperBook.owl" examples from
MINDSWAP which follow OWL-S 1.1 and I imported it into
OWL-S Editor 1.2 with Protege 3.2 and Portege imported
it without any problem and when i enabled OWL-S Editor
tab I was able to visually edit these owls services.
It measn in case of OWL-S 1.1. files we get no error
but in case of OWL-S 1.2 we get error in importing
owls services.Which means OWL-S Editor dont strictly
follows specifications (its my point of view from
above two cases).

Third Case:
In case if i create an owls service with the help of
OWL-S API and i left the data flow between process
components incomplete so that i can import my OWL-S
service in OWL-S Editor to change it visually. Then in
this case OWL-S Editor is not able to import such
files. Would you have look on such cases also i.e.
importing owls services which are not complete.

Fourth Case:
I also tryed to import atomic process owl files in
OWL-S Editor so that i can edit with these files
specially Profile with new ontologies created in
Protege. But OWL-S Editor is not able to import any of
owls service created with WSDL2OWL-S tool (By MINDSWAP
Labs). Have anyone experienced that before. What are
comments of OWL-S Editor team about that.
With thanks waiting for response in this regard.
Bye.