representing work flow

조인숙

FW: representing work flow

조인숙

Hello all,

I am a new user and I'm interested in working for a modeling clinical guidelines using Protege3.1.
Reading the publihsed related works, I thought Protege has the functions to express a work flow into flowchart and It's a kind of visualization function.
But I could not find relevant functions or plug-and-play tabs at the Protege or its homepage.

Would you give some ideas if it's true and how I can do that?
If you have any references or links, it would be very helpful for me.

Much care

InSook Cho

Re: FW: representing work flow

Tania Tudorache

Protege is a general-purpose ontology editor. If you want you can model
workflows if you define or reuse a workflow ontology.

I suggest looking at our ontology library which contains several
ontologies related to modeling medical guidelines.
(http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegeOntologiesLibrary).
Maybe you can reuse some ontology from there.

Another solution is to look at the OWL-S plugin that allows you to model
services and workflows in a graphical way.

Tania

[hidden email] wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am a new user and I'm interested in working for a modeling clinical guidelines using Protege3.1.
>Reading the publihsed related works, I thought Protege has the functions to express a work flow into flowchart and It's a kind of visualization function.
>But I could not find relevant functions or plug-and-play tabs at the Protege or its homepage.
>
>Would you give some ideas if it's true and how I can do that?
>If you have any references or links, it would be very helpful for me.
>
>Much care
>
>InSook Cho

Re: FW: representing work flow

samsontu

A number of projects (GLIF, EON, PRODIGY, SAGE) used Protege to develop
models for clinical guideline. They used the graph widget (part of
Protege's standard extension) to visualize algorithmic processes defined
in their models.

Samson

--
Samson Tu                    email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Scientist    web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/

Re: FW: representing work flow

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
 As a follow up to Samson's response, we have a tutorial on our Web site
thatshows you how to use the graph widget:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/graph_widget/[1]

The graph widget works with both Protege-Frames and Protege-OWL ontologies.

Jennifer

Samson Tu wrote: A number of projects (GLIF, EON, PRODIGY, SAGE) used
Protegeto develop models for clinical guideline. They used the graph widget
(part of Protege's standard extension) to visualize algorithmic processes
defined in their models. Samson [hidden email][2] wrote: Hello all, I
am a new user and I'm interested in working for a modeling clinical
guidelines using Protege3.1. Reading the publihsed related works, I thought
Protege has the functions to express a work flow into flowchart and It's a
kind of visualization function. But I could not find relevant functions or
plug-and-play tabs at the Protege or its homepage. Would you give some ideas
if it's true and how I can do that? If you have any references or links, it
would be very helpful for me.

--- Links ---
   1 http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/graph_widget/
   2 mailto:[hidden email]