saving inferences (same as)

Cédric Lopez

Hello,

I’m using Protege 5.2.0. I applied Pellet in a big ontology but I found some issues so I decided to create a small one just to test:

I create a class Titi, and a class Tata. Tata is the subclass of Titi.

I create 3 individuals dada, dudu, and dodo with the same type Tata.

dada is same individual as dodo and dodo is same as dudu.

I run Pellet.

As expected I can see in Protege that dada is same as dodo and dodo is same as dada.

First question: How can I export these inferences? I tried File > Export (checking all possible axioms) but it doesn’t work. The syntax I use is RDF/XML (but I tried many).

I also expected to see (with Protégé) the 3 individuals in Titi. That’s not the case. However, when I export the ontology, I can see in the RDF/XML that these individuals are in Titi (and obviously in Tata).

Second (minor) question: How can I see that these individuals are also in Titi in Protege? If I save the file and I open the file again, I can see the individuals in Titi as expected.

Thanks a lot

Cédric

Cédric LOPEZ

Description : http://www.objetdirect.com/signatures/viseo_sign.jpg

Le Pulsar 4 av du Doyen Louis Weil 38000 GRENOBLE
Tél.
+33 (0)9 72 31 82 46
Mob. +33 (0)6 72 64 25 77

[hidden email]

Research Scientist

Research & Development

http://www.viseo.com/en/recherche/cedric-lopez

SMILK (LabCom ANR) : Joint Laboratory between INRIA-Wimmics and Viseo : http://www.viseo.com/fr/partenaire/le-laboratoire-commun-smilk

Viseo is partner of the TIER Project (EU) http://www.viseo.com/en/offre/tier-project

Viseo is partner of the SYNODOS Project (ANR) : http://www.synodos.fr

Re: saving inferences (same as)

I create a class Titi, and a class Tata. Tata is the subclass of Titi.
I create 3 individuals dada, dudu, and dodo with the same type Tata.
dada is same individual as dodo and dodo is same as dudu.
I run Pellet.

As expected I can see in Protege that dada is same as dodo and dodo is same as dada.
First question: How can I export these inferences? I tried File > Export (checking all possible axioms) but it doesn’t work. The syntax I use is RDF/XML (but I tried many).

I’ve just checked, and for whatever reason, Protege does not offer the option to export these types of axioms (SameIndividual).  I’ve filed a feature request here:

I also expected to see (with Protégé) the 3 individuals in Titi. That’s not the case. However, when I export the ontology, I can see in the RDF/XML that these individuals are in Titi (and obviously in Tata).
Second (minor) question: How can I see that these individuals are also in Titi in Protege? If I save the file and I open the file again, I can see the individuals in Titi as expected.

You can use the DL query view.  If you query for the instances of Titi then you should see all of the individuals.  The other views only show direct instances.

Thanks a lot
Cédric

Cédric LOPEZ
<image003.jpg>
Le Pulsar 4 av du Doyen Louis Weil 38000 GRENOBLE
Tél.
+33 (0)9 72 31 82 46
Mob. +33 (0)6 72 64 25 77
Research Scientist
Research & Development

SMILK (LabCom ANR) : Joint Laboratory between INRIA-Wimmics and Viseo : http://www.viseo.com/fr/partenaire/le-laboratoire-commun-smilk
Viseo is partner of the TIER Project (EU) http://www.viseo.com/en/offre/tier-project
Viseo is partner of the SYNODOS Project (ANR) : http://www.synodos.fr

Re: saving inferences (same as)

Cédric Lopez

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for your answer. Hoping this option will appear in a future version.

Cédric