setting my namespace URI?

Dan Brickley-2
OK I swear I found this option very easily yesterday. But nowhere to
be found today. I'm in an OWL project, Protege 3.2beta, build 288 of OWL
Plugin. I remember a tab that let me set the namespace URI for the
ontology (it gets written into xml:base and xmlns declarations). Could
someone remind me what I'm missing?

thanks for any pointers,

Dan

Re: setting my namespace URI?

Mark Feblowitz
The metadata tab.

Re: setting my namespace URI?

Dan Brickley-2
* Mark Feblowitz <[hidden email]> [2006-02-10 22:22-0500]
> The metadata tab.

That was where I looked first, but I only see an table headed
"owl:imports" with two columns, value and type, and
add-new-value / add / delete options in top right; nothing else.

Dan

Re: setting my namespace URI?

Mark Feblowitz
What version?  I'm using build 290, which came with Protege v3.2 Beta.

Just under the metadata tab, there is a Namespace URI field.

To the bottom left, there is a two-column Namespace Prefixes pane,
with Add and Remove  buttons.

At 11:10 PM 2/10/2006, Dan Brickley wrote:
>* Mark Feblowitz <[hidden email]> [2006-02-10 22:22-0500]
> > The metadata tab.
>
>That was where I looked first, but I only see an table headed
>"owl:imports" with two columns, value and type, and
>add-new-value / add / delete options in top right; nothing else.
>
>Dan

Re: setting my namespace URI?

Dan Brickley-2
* Mark Feblowitz <[hidden email]> [2006-02-10 23:18-0500]
> What version?  I'm using build 290, which came with Protege v3.2 Beta.
>
> Just under the metadata tab, there is a Namespace URI field.
>
> To the bottom left, there is a two-column Namespace Prefixes pane,
> with Add and Remove  buttons.

(build 288; I guess I should grab a new beta.)

I see the same stuff if I create a New Project with OWL/RDF Files.

However if I go OWL by converting a non-OWL project, things aren't so
pretty and the Metadata tab is as I describe below. The pre-existing
project has a number of forms etc which ideally I'd not lose even while
in OWL mode. I'm still feeling my way around Protege's various
personalities, maybe I need to save everything out to RDF/OWL and
load/import that somehow rather than convert...?

cheers,

Dan

> At 11:10 PM 2/10/2006, Dan Brickley wrote:
> >* Mark Feblowitz <[hidden email]> [2006-02-10 22:22-0500]
> >> The metadata tab.
> >
> >That was where I looked first, but I only see an table headed
> >"owl:imports" with two columns, value and type, and
> >add-new-value / add / delete options in top right; nothing else.
> >
> >Dan

Re: setting my namespace URI?

Nick Drummond
Dan,

Seeing as you've got forms configured already that you don't want to lose...
As a temporary fix, you can edit the form for the owl:Ontology.

I suggest:

owl:imports -> OWLNamespacesWidget
:NAME -> OntologyURIWidget

I can't seem to get the annotations widget up.

Make the metadata tab visible and you should see the changes.

I'll add this to the bugtracker, but at least for now you can change the
namespace without losing your configurations

Nick

Dan Brickley wrote:

>* Mark Feblowitz <[hidden email]> [2006-02-10 23:18-0500]
>

>>What version?  I'm using build 290, which came with Protege v3.2 Beta.
>>
>>Just under the metadata tab, there is a Namespace URI field.
>>
>>To the bottom left, there is a two-column Namespace Prefixes pane,
>>with Add and Remove  buttons.
>>

>(build 288; I guess I should grab a new beta.)
>
>I see the same stuff if I create a New Project with OWL/RDF Files.
>
>However if I go OWL by converting a non-OWL project, things aren't so
>pretty and the Metadata tab is as I describe below. The pre-existing
>project has a number of forms etc which ideally I'd not lose even while
>in OWL mode. I'm still feeling my way around Protege's various
>personalities, maybe I need to save everything out to RDF/OWL and
>load/import that somehow rather than convert...?
>
>cheers,
>
>Dan
>

>>At 11:10 PM 2/10/2006, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>

>>>* Mark Feblowitz <[hidden email]> [2006-02-10 22:22-0500]

>>>That was where I looked first, but I only see an table headed
>>>"owl:imports" with two columns, value and type, and
>>>add-new-value / add / delete options in top right; nothing else.
>>>
>>>Dan

Nick Drummond

Re: setting my namespace URI?

Dan Brickley-2
* Nick Drummond <[hidden email]> [2006-02-13 14:23+0000]

> Dan,
>
> Seeing as you've got forms configured already that you don't want to lose...
> As a temporary fix, you can edit the form for the owl:Ontology.
>
> I suggest:
>
> owl:imports -> OWLNamespacesWidget
> :NAME -> OntologyURIWidget
>
> I can't seem to get the annotations widget up.
>
> Make the metadata tab visible and you should see the changes.
>
> I'll add this to the bugtracker, but at least for now you can change the
> namespace without losing your configurations

Ah, thanks for that. To late for me right now, have started afresh
with some new forms (no huge loss). Interesting to see how things
work though :)

cheers,

Dan