synonyms in ontology

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

synonyms in ontology

Alhusain
This post was updated on .
Hello,,,

 Is there any way to defined the synonyms for the class? for example ,if I have a class named (car), how could I defined the synonyms of its name, which is for example, (vehicle) or (automobile),...,

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: synonyms in ontology

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Wouldn't skos:altLabel work for you?

Csongor

On 09/23/2016 12:43 PM, Alhusain wrote:

> Hello,,,
>
>   Is there any way to defined the synonyms for the class? for example ,if I
> have a class named (*cars*), how could I defined the synonyms of its name,
> which is for example, (*vehicle*), (*automobile*),...,
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/synonyms-in-ontology-tp4666504.html
> Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> protege-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user


_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: synonyms in ontology

Alhusain
Thank you for your reply Csongor,,,

SKOS Simple knowledge organisation system.
 But how we can add the SKOS to protege?!!!
I use protege (5.0 build),the SKOS is not in the plugins list.!!
could you please give me an example how to used in protege.

Thanks  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: synonyms in ontology

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Just create an annotation property skos:altLabeland Protege will know
what should be the full IRI of the property.

Csongor

On 09/25/2016 05:45 PM, Alhusain wrote:

> Thank you for your reply Csongor,,,
>
> SKOS Simple knowledge organisation system.
>   But how we can add the SKOS to protege?!!!
> I use protege (5.0 build),the SKOS is not in the plugins list.!!
> could you please give me an example how to used in protege.
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/synonyms-in-ontology-tp4666504p4666514.html
> Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> protege-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user


_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: synonyms in ontology

Lorenz Buehmann
In reply to this post by Alhusain
SKOS is not a Protege plugin but an ontology resp. vocabulary.

Thank you for your reply Csongor,,,

SKOS Simple knowledge organisation system.
 But how we can add the SKOS to protege?!!! 
I use protege (5.0 build),the SKOS is not in the plugins list.!!
could you please give me an example how to used in protege.

Thanks  



--
View this message in context: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/synonyms-in-ontology-tp4666504p4666514.html
Sent from the Protege User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user

-- 
Lorenz B├╝hmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center

_______________________________________________
protege-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: synonyms in ontology

Fatma ELLOUZE
In reply to this post by Csongor Nyulas
Hello Everyone,
Just a question, if you allow...
I used this annotation property of skos:altLabel and I write in my SWRL rules one of the alternative label in skos:altLabel, however  it is not recognised. How can I make my SWRL rules accept a synonym (i.e., from skos:altLabel) and not the concept written in my ontology, please?
Thank you for considering my request.
Best regards
Fatma