using the protege owl api

Vatsala

Hi,

I am trying to manipulate my ontology programmatically  using the protégé-owl api. Whilst I understand we can run the reasoner and retrieve inferred sub classes using the api for any named class, I would like to know in a case where I have a named class X, how do I obtain programmatically the other classes where X has been inferred to be a subclass by the reasoner?

Regards,

Vatsala

Re: using the protege owl api

Thomas Russ

On May 24, 2011, at 3:54 AM, Nundloll, Vatsala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to manipulate my ontology programmatically  using the
> protégé-owl api. Whilst I understand we can run the reasoner and
> retrieve inferred sub classes using the api for any named class, I
> would like to know in a case where I have a named class X, how do I
> obtain programmatically the other classes where X has been inferred
> to be a subclass by the reasoner?

Looks like ProtegeReasoner.getAncestorClasses