visualizing graph with object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege (OWLViz)?

visualizing graph with object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege (OWLViz)?

Bill Schineller
Hi,
   Is it possible to produce a visualization of object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege?
   I'm running Protege' 4.3.0 (Build 304) with OWLViz 4.1.2.
   If not possible in Protege' / OWLViz, any current advice on how to do this?

   FYI I started my ontology on webprotege, then opened it in desktop Protege to do further editing and display.
   I wish to communicate visually to my colleagues that my model is not hierarchical.

Side note regarding installation (unrelated):
   Initially I couldn't get Protege' 4.3.0 (or earlier versions) to run on my Mac which is on OS X 10.8.5.
   Then I stumbled on this note about an issue with Apple JVM.

http://cytoscape.org/release_notes_3_0_2.html#mac-java
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

   Coincidentally or not, after I applied the patch (Java for OS X 2013-005), Protege' started working like a champ.

- Bill

Re: visualizing graph with object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege (OWLViz)?

Chris Mungall-2
The OBO graph view component shows both subclass and existential restrictions:
https://code.google.com/p/obographview/

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Bill Schineller <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jennifer Vendetti
Hello Bill,

On 11/20/2013 6:59 AM, Bill Schineller wrote:
   Is it possible to produce a visualization of object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege?
   I'm running Protege' 4.3.0 (Build 304) with OWLViz 4.1.2.
   If not possible in Protege' / OWLViz, any current advice on how to do this?

You might want to look at the OntoGraf visualization plug-in [1] (enable it via the Window | Tabs menu).  There are some buttons in the toolbar for various automatic layout options.  You can also click the "Arc Types" button in the toolbar to show/hide any of your object properties.

Jennifer

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/OntoGraf

Re: visualizing graph with object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege (OWLViz)?

Bill Schineller
Thanks for suggestions!
I'm messing around with OntoGraf now... indeed Arc Types is aware of my object properties and lets me select which ones to display.