web protege

alexandergarciacastrobalu
Hi, some questions about web protege. is there a repository of plugins for web protege? is there any plugin for web protege? also, does it work with a back-end database for loading the ontos or does it load a text filed directly (owl, rdf, etc)? is it possible to develop plugins for web protege?

Re: web protege

Hi Alex,

There isn’t a plugin repository for web protege.  It doesn’t have traditional plugins like the desktop version.  We are working on 3rd party integration via Webhooks and a Web API though.

WebProtege uses various technologies on the backend.  I guess you’re asking whether it stores ontologies in a database and the answer to this is, no, it does not.  It however doesn’t load files directly from OWL or RDF files – it uses custom, fast binary files for ontologies and change logs.

Please let me know if you have other questions.