[webprotege] label locale (instead of language)

[webprotege] label locale (instead of language)

Matthieu Scholler
Hi,

Webprotégé label uses a "xml:lan" field to specify the language. Is there a way to specify a locale instead? As in, would it be possible to specify 'en_US' instead of just 'en' for a given label?

Thanks,

Matthieu

Re: [webprotege] label locale (instead of language)

Hi Matthieu,

You can actually type this directly into the lang box.  There’s a couple of points to be aware of though.  (1) WebProtege doesn't offer autocompletion for regions sub-tags (2) WebProtege will (currently) convert all sub-tags in a language tag to lower case, as language tags are case insensitive.  I've filed an issue [1] for this though, because the convention is to have the primary lang sub-tag in lower case and secondary region sub-tags in upper case.

Just a quick point:  sub-tags should be separated by hyphens and not underscores.  In your example you use an underscore.

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/493

> On 7 Jun 2018, at 06:54, Matthieu Scholler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Webprotégé label uses a "xml:lan" field to specify the language. Is there a way to specify a locale instead? As in, would it be possible to specify 'en_US' instead of just 'en' for a given label?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthieu

Re: [webprotege] label locale (instead of language)

Matthieu Scholler
Thanks a lot Matthew for the very helpful answer!