xsd:date missing from data properties' built-in datatypes

xsd:date missing from data properties' built-in datatypes

Olivier Dameron
Hello,
   In protege-5.0.0b17, I did not find xsd:date as a built-in datatype
for data properties.
Am I missing something ?

thanks
olivier

Re: xsd:date missing from data properties' built-in datatypes

Tania Tudorache
xsd:date is not part of the OWL 2 spec. See here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#rdf-datatype
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/#Time_Instants

You can use xsd:dateTime instead.

Cheers,
Tania

On 10/02/2015 03:27 PM, Olivier Dameron wrote:

> Hello,
>     In protege-5.0.0b17, I did not find xsd:date as a built-in datatype
> for data properties.
> Am I missing something ?
>
> thanks
> olivier

Re: xsd:date missing from data properties' built-in datatypes

Rafael Gonçalves
Hi Olivier,

That would be because xsd:date is not in the OWL 2 (specification) datatype map, and so some reasoners do not support it either. In order to represent time instants the OWL 2 datatype map supports xsd:dateTime and xsd:dateTimeStamp.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rafael

> On Oct 2, 2015, at 15:29, Olivier Dameron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>  In protege-5.0.0b17, I did not find xsd:date as a built-in datatype
> for data properties.
> Am I missing something ?
>
> thanks
> olivier

Re: xsd:date missing from data properties' built-in datatypes

Olivier Dameron
Hi Rafael and Tania

On 10/03/2015 01:03 AM, Rafael Goncalves wrote:
> That would be because xsd:date is not in the OWL 2 (specification) datatype map, and so some reasoners do not support it either. In order to represent time instants the OWL 2 datatype map supports xsd:dateTime and xsd:dateTimeStamp.

Ah, ok
I just needed to represent dates without time indication, but this is fine.
thank you again
olivier